ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Arch Rust Spots

Hi,

just a quick one, I have a very small rust patch on my rear arch, about 3cm by 1cm. Luckily it's only surface rust so I should be able to sand it back to metal. The question is spraying, can I just try to blend it in or is it a full rear quarter respray?

thanks

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
you can try to blend but its not easy, for a proper job a bodyshop should be able to blend it but it will be over pretty much the whole 1/4 panel more than likely

ph2 Clio 172
it will be blended in you wont even notice it. No need for the whole rear quarter, far to big of a risk for a mismatch. any good body shop will do a good job and blow it in around the arch.

Oh and dont try ourself as youl need to sand it back to bare metal youl have to e-prime it, prime it, metallic basecoat which isint the easiest to spray to get the metallic to shine, and then clearcoat which isint easy to spary over metallic you dont just whip it on, you have to do light coats and build it up.

Last edited: