ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear arch liners snapped bolts

Clio Trophy
Hello

so i removed the rear arch lines and the bolt snapped clean off, will i be ok to get some self tappers and make a small hole near the old ones? dont want to drill/screw into anything important

One of mine did this

I drilled straight through where it snapped off, then put a bolt through from the inside

Nut the other side, and you've got the stud back!

Then just apply arch liner with a new nut on top of that :)

Use a couple of washers as well

Ph1
This happened to me a few weeks back. Currently got the same as above, drilled out with a bolt but going to get it properly welded in as its a bit pikey plus potential for dampness to get in the boot.

BTW Was down the scrap yard and noticed a few Ph2 1.2 Clio's were running a plastic nut / washer instead of using a steel nut to hold the liner in place. Far better idea

phase 1 flamer 172
When this happened on my first 172, I welded a piece of stainless studding in, should out last the car.

Clio Trophy
Hi,

just happened to to me damn it. Right if I drill straight through, how can I access it from the inner side. Could I see it from the boot?

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, you can access it from the boot when you have removed the boot arch carpet.
Easy job with a bolt, make sure you seal it well inside and out to stop any corrosion.

Seems a common occurrence, I happened to me when I tried to remove one and I applied very little torque to the nut.