ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Anti Roll bar. Yes or no? Or is it a personal preference kinda thing?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I have a new one for my new Clio172cup... but do I get it fitted or not?

how does it change the cars feel and behaviour?

Car is 99% a trackcar only.

Jay and Tony can give some good advice on this, they have one fitted to their race car. Sometimes it's connected, sometimes not.

It did make a big difference at Anglesey.

Most people who fit them rave about them!

As far as I'm aware, they use it occasionally if the car us understeering like a pig. In that situation, they connect the anti roll bar and it usually improves things.

But it changes track to track, sometimes if it's connected, the car is VERY tail happy.

But hey.... I'm just the photographer! They'll know more than me!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Defo fit it mate, it stiffened the rear up even on standard suspension even b4 I fitted cup racer suspension 2 my car now the car has no movement :D

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Defo fit it mate, it stiffened the rear up even on standard suspension even b4 I fitted cup racer suspension 2 my car now the car has no movement :D

You've got to love the CS 'one size fits all' approach.

Lol

:)

Ph2 Clio 172
Fitted one to my stock 172 last week. It has reduced the 'floating' I got at high speed, and also changed the feel of the front end.

The outside front used to sink and then slide under heaving cornering. With the ARB on it sinks less, and now feels to grip a lot more and not wash wide. I have also got some squeeling comming from the rear tyres as well as the front, so I assume its encoraging the rear to move more than without.

I cant say its made a massive difference, but its definately reduced the tendancy of the front end to understeer and sink down. Coupled with some new springs it should make an overall improvement for me.

(Testing was carried out at Cheddar Gorge :))

350z GT
Im happy with the effect that mine has had...

I like a pointy front end so am very pleased with it on the hardest setting

Stu

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Fitted mine last week, back end feels a lot more stable and less twitchy over the ground now, not had chance to get on track yet, but on the b roads it seems to be an improvement :)