ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear 10minute shim..spacer the other side?

Ex 182 owner
Hi Al,
Was just wondering. T120 came back from Blink Motorsport with a good bill of health. Richard suggested that a very minor imperfection in the rear could be resolved with a 10 minute shim. It wasn't necessary in his opinion, but would just balance the camber out either side.

I am however having to do rear discs and pads and poss an abs sensor. So it wouldn't seem a massive extra step to do a shim. What I was wondering and forgot to ask at the time. If I shim 1 side to adjust. Do I need to think about a zero adjustment shim on the other side?

Also is there enough thread on the standards renault bolts to safely accommodate the extra shim width?

Cheers
Chris

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I'm running wide wheels, and the drivers side is wider than the passenger.

It has been noted by a fair few people I believe so if it's the passenger that needs shimming then I wouldn't worry :)

Track 172 Cup
also had the same my drivers was something like 10min and passenger was 30min.. don't really notice much myself on track but I'm not a great driver lol

172 Ph1
I'm running wide wheels, and the drivers side is wider than the passenger.

It has been noted by a fair few people I believe so if it's the passenger that needs shimming then I wouldn't worry :smile:

Why dont you just loosen off the rear beam axle bolts and drive up the road and come back and see how its changed the position.
In fairness there should not be a difference . maybe something is not straight

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Why dont you just loosen off the rear beam axle bolts and drive up the road and come back and see how its changed the position.
In fairness there should not be a difference . maybe something is not straight

There shouldn't be no, but I'm pretty certain it's just a clio thing. I've seen loads of reports similar to mine where when the wheels are spaced out equally, they aren't equal in the arches.

172 Ph1
There shouldn't be no, but I'm pretty certain it's just a clio thing. I've seen loads of reports similar to mine where when the wheels are spaced out equally, they aren't equal in the arches.

If the shims are equally spaced sizes - id be trying out my theory first as its quick and simple .
seems a lot of effort to get the gaps right shimming it.