ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really odd feeling in the suspension

clio sport cup
Some facts:

Im pressing on when this happens.
Just had the tracking done.
All the bushes and springs/dampers are fine (I got them checked)
right tyre pressures, and all new PE-2's

If I turn to the right, then all is fine, the car digs in well and grips like it should.
If I turn to the LEFT then it grips in fine, but feel like the back right is sagging a bit to much.

The main problem is that if i turn right and hit a dent/bump or any rough patch it feels like the car want to swap ends, its an odd feeling, like the back slips out. This happens even on a gentle right hander.

Any ideas? im thinking of jacking it up myself and checking the bushes. Or is this just the nature of the cup (and now i have noticed it, it seems to be more prevalent). I think it could be the shocks.

Or is it just in my head. The problem is I have no real space in which to test it.

Last edited:
  clio sport cup
edited now :) I think its the damper, like its just bouncing about in the spring as there is no damping.

172 cup
that would make sence pop your head under and see if its weeping. Piece of piss to replace if its them

b/g 182, meg tourer
sounds luike the rear shocks. i was getting the same problem, car felt very bounck at the rear. noticed some fluid on the shock too so that was another indication that the shock had burst. handles much better now :) replace shocks in pairs