ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really cheap HID kit on ebay... £45? worth a shot?

the pictures on that link. of the kit look identical to my cousins HID kit he has on his VW polo (p plate). been on a year and he's had no problems..

ill have to take another look at his car lol

what do you people reckon for these on a clio?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
really you want the sport style unit, as it used projector lenses, but you could fit it to a non sport lamp...

would it make a difference in the beam or anything?
also if i fit it to the non sport unit.. it woudlnt melt or anything would it?

and which kit on there would i need?

they wont melt, its just the spread pattern wont be great !

could i get pulled for it?

and what colour would you recommedn then for greater visability?

its the h4 kit i need isnt it

4300k and yes, its illegal and probably won't pass an MOT. Will be more obvious its an aftermarket kit without the dual optic headlights.

could probably get away with it on the 172 due to the light clusters, and xenons suit the car.

could i get pulled for it?

and what colour would you recommedn then for greater visability?

its the h4 kit i need isnt it

4300k and yes, its illegal and probably won't pass an MOT. Will be more obvious its an aftermarket kit without the dual optic headlights.

could probably get away with it on the 172 due to the light clusters, and xenons suit the car.

ahh right ill pass on it then.. mot wont be a problem for me, but dnt wanna get pulled for it. probs do headlight change after ive changed the engine

Pic085.jpg

I have these exact ones on my mk2ph1 these are really good for the price I have 6000k set it off nicely slight tint of blue no purple thats on the higher end when you start getting at 8k and above.

Also forgot to add seller is wiked had a bit of a delay because of chinese new year but when courier did pick it up only took 2 days to arrive.

172 cup TT
Whats the crack with HID kits on non HID factory spec cars?.. I was advised its a mine field due to MOT probs and possibly being pulled over.... I would like a set on my Cup really... But just cant be arsed with pissing around at MOT time.... For starters, cant they only be used on headlight washer equiped cars?

2 litre twin turbo estate
just wondering can these be used in Fog lights??? presume if so it woud'nt be an MOT fail?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Not sure on that particular seller but if you check out http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmydepots 10's of people on volvo forums have used them and were very happy, i have some on mine. If the beam pattern is ok you probably won't have much trouble (get it checked at MOT station) I've not had a single person flash me in the 4 months they've been fitted, i am switching to projectors soon though. Only takes 5 mins to swap em back on the volvo for the MOT not sure on the clio.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
My friend bought a set from japan, £43 iirc, still going strong and vgq :) so i ordered a set, i got them in 4 days and fitting them this weekend but have to take the bumper off and the lights to get in about properly

These light look great value for money. ;)

But won't the coppers pull you for having hid lights in standard clusters ?

Causing blindness to other drivers

172 cup'd extreme
They are good but the starters / balast unit doesnt last long 4 in 36 months but the bulbs are good. I have them i had to set them up on our mot beam checker because they were miles out.

Golf TDI
yes but is it the h3 or h4 kit i need . and yes i would be looking at 8000k . how hard was installation ?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Have them in my ph1, great quality and arrived quickly aswell. Only paid £40 for mine though :p

Astra van,Mk1 nova
yes but is it the h3 or h4 kit i need . and yes i would be looking at 8000k . how hard was installation ?
it was a coont, i took of the bumper and lights etc to do it properly apart from that its just plug in and play, you will have to mount your ballast boxes in a safe place tho, oh and i bought the h7 bulbs :)

Ozzed Clio
havin trouble fittin a h7 kit to my 52 plate. theres nothing to hold the bulb in place? the old bulb is sittin in a black twist cap. anyone know wat to do?