ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really angry.

172 Cup
I am in the process of selling my Cup, and have just realised that my service history book did not come back after it's last service. This creates a huge problem as you can imagine.

I have spoken to Renault UK Customer Services, they were NO help whatsoever. The dealer I got the work done through went into liquidation sometime last year (it was a franchised dealer) and with that all records of any customers history were destroyed. To say I am angry about this is an understatement. I have some receipts of previous work done, but that alone will not help me in my argument to a potential buyer. The car is standard, has not been fooled around with, and in good condition. It's done 54k and of course had a FSH.

I am left not knowing what to do as I no longer need my car (train to London every day now due to work office move) and I am getting married next year so want to cash in now!

It annoys me that someone who actually cares about their motor and has looked after it can be left so helpless by the manufacturer!

All thoughts / help appreciated.

J

172 cup
to be fair you should of checked when it came back. I always check they have stamped it, therefore check if its there.

In my eyes no book then prove it, if not its not got it

Tbh I don't think that there is much you can do. You could get a new service book but obviously it won't be stamped, once you have the book you could match up the bills & get the places who serviced it to stamp it up, but tbh that'll be impossible, especially if it's been serviced far from where you live.
At the end of the day you will probably have to sell it just with the invoices you have.

172 Cup
OK thank you. I think that may be the only way. It's just frustrating that is all. Just have to prepare for the fact that I won't get true market value for it.

J

yap

51 Clio 172
You could get a mechanical check report from the AA, it will cost, but this will prove the car is in good nick to the buyer.

OK thank you. I think that may be the only way. It's just frustrating that is all. Just have to prepare for the fact that I won't get true market value for it.

J
I know what you mean, tbh though some folk don't really care about piles of invoices & service books etc. I do but that's me. Some will buy it with the stuff you have.

172 cup
last time i had service and cambelt was done they didnt even stamp my service book gimpssss all i have is the recipets of proof now

Matty

Nimbus 197
unfortunately I think you are royally knackered, liquidated company means no chance of recourse from there, and lost book means no chance of proof.

Was it always serviced at the same dealer? Maybe if another dealer serviced it (and you know who) then it would mean they could provide a record of service from them.

Something is better than nothing.