ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Real world differences

206 GTI
I'm due to get my car back and its running omex, schrick cams, 182 mani etc etc but will be on standard inlets for now. What i want to know (and opinions from people who have driven both would be apppreciated) is what is the actual real world difference between cars with the above mods but on modded inlets and those on ITB's? I've seen power outputs for cars in both states of tune and there is not a massive diffence on paper in the peak power and peak torque they are making.
How different is the power delivery and how much quicker are the ITB'd cars in the real world?

All opinions would be good :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
example one: Stoddie single enlarged TB, Maxogen, internals, 182 mani, OMEX - 207bhp 167ft/lb.

Example two: ChrisK - ITB's non HW and non 182 mani 220 and prob 170ft/lb?

Both very drivable. I've driven stoddie's and whilst we seems to pull a bit from lower down it's not lightning quick? Spk to the jesus about his, seems to be quicker than Scooby's?!

Yours should be good alan, just stay away from the laughing gas this time.

206 GTI
lol laughing gas is definitely not an option this time mate. I'm just looking for info to see whether i should just sort the inlets or save for some Jenvey's

Lionel Richie
get saving, the stock (even modded) inlet is a restriction IMO

your engine is only as good as the person who maps it, and so endeth the thread...... ;)

206 GTI
So Fred, you will have driven cars in both states of tune (i assume) so how much difference is actually there between them on the road? (assuming that both cars are set up well by the mappers)

Lionel Richie
throttle bodies is noticably quicker

we when developed the cable conversion setup with the ETCC 67mm body it was tested on track and performed a 1.30min lap of donnington, yet a throttle bodied car that had knackered piston rings lapped in 1min27

both cars had the same cams, same OMEX 600 ecu, same driver (different suspension setups and different wheels and tyres etc, oh and the TB car was stripped out)

3seconds round a circuit is a big difference

clio 200 F4Rt
not suprised it was quicker if the car was lighter, better suspension (unless it was down graded!!) different tyres!!!

jeeeeeeeez

clio 200 F4Rt
as for the question, back in my saxo days, my t/b VTS ran 157bhp, many cars on standard inlets ran similar or a few bhp more.

on track i killed them evertime. due to the increased torque and far better power delivery.

t/b's rule.

Lionel Richie
not suprised it was quicker if the car was lighter, better suspension (unless it was down graded!!) different tyres!!!

jeeeeeeeez

the car without throttle bodies had our own Bilstein coilovers on it which were tons better than the H&R on the other car

206 GTI
Thanks guys just mulling over whether to do the inlets or get saving for a set of tb's but its looking like i'm gonna need to get saving lol

206 GTI
nah mate bored of them and i will enjoy the car for a while as it will be a while till i can afford the bodies etc but just wondered what the actual diff between to setups was as on paper they don't look all that much diff