ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-worked / matched inlet manifolds

Clio Sport xxx
Just got a CNC matched inlet from angel works today. When i looked down the ports, only the first 1-2 inches look 'machined'. The rest of the inside of the tubes still looks rough/original...:S

I was under the impression that the intire inner length of the ports, both plenum and manifold, get machined smooth. Is this not the case or what?

Cheers for any help!

LY 182
anybody can just grind the whole passage out, yours has been optimised ie has had material removed where it needed it removing.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205076

Quite correct, the cnc tool path doesnt know what its machining, it just follows the toolpath generated from the CAD drawing. Manifolds differ so much that some manifolds will have more material removed than others. I.e the RS manifolds have significantly less material removed than the non RS models, and we had to do a program for RS and non RS manifolds.

There is zero flow gain, only loss in torque by increasing the runner diamters any more.

We made a decision to not waste time on appearance and just do whats needed. To have a full machined finish would add another £45+vat or so and you would notice no diff.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Still need to get these on mine, I'm bloody useless with my car at the moment though :(

Clio Sport xxx
BenR, must be you who delt with me over the phone then just recently.

So i am indeed worrying over nothing? i thought as much but just wanted to check. When fitting it, do i need to take any care on lining anything up, i.e actually 'matching the ports', or will the be no room for ajustment as such?

One other question.... the manifold came with two sets of gaskets, so two for the plenum/manifold and two for the manifold/head, so i have 4 gaskets... why is this?

Yes, it would have been me you spoke too.

There is a tiny bit of play when fitting so you will need to visually check by looking down the ports when fitting.

And it must have been a mistake when packing for 2 sets to be sent, you can return one set when you return your manifold, please.