ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-uing clay

Monaco 172
can it be done or are they us once only. as mine is still pretty much the same colour it was after i used it and folded it lots.

thanks

106 GTi
I use a new piece on the paintwork for each car tbh. I always cut the clay bar into 3 or 4 so get plenty of use out of one. The used piece then gets used on Glass and Wheels as part of the detail so would not want to use that on the paint again after.

If they clay looks quite clean and has only been used on paint before you may be ok.

Octavia VRS
yep as Rich again. I separate the clay bar into 4 bits and throw each bit away after I have used it on the car.

Mito Sportiva 135
yep as Rich again. I separate the clay bar into 4 bits and throw each bit away after I have used it on the car.

I keep all my used clay (as long as its not ruined) in a giant clay ball for windows and glass... it is pretty big now, and some day it may take over the world. Possibly....

106 GTi
LOL, I just to the paint, then the glass, and wheels all in one shot and then through it normally. Do keep it if has just had paint use.

Mito Sportiva 135
I use a new piece each time for paint, then my giant ball for windows and wheels... its so big it doesn't really get dirty anymore.

My neighbour looked at me the other day and asked "Tom, why are you rubbing plasticine all over your car for?!" - when you think about it it is a strange product. But brilliant!

Clio 172
Might be a completley stupid question but how is clay used on your car and what are the benifits of using it?

Monaco 172
just spray the lubricant stuff onto the car and rub the clay over it. lifts all the bonded contaminents that washing along doesnt remove (taken straight from the box lol) but it did make it silky smooth! and very nice. my bar only got used on paint and windows so ill hang onto it for something im sure. but in furture ill break it up. never thought

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
literally just finished claying the motor.

Normally im a right tight b**stard and manage to do the car with about 1/8 of the bar.

Today... thought what the hell, use the entire 1/2 that's left at once so I carefullt moulded it into a disc, sprayed the front wing and .... dropped it straight in some gravel. :mad:

Luckily halfords had some more in stock although had to buy the whole quickclay kit.

Mito Sportiva 135
All pretty much the same I think... I use either the Sonus grey or green... apparently the Megs kit is good too though.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Are there any links showing how to use clay properly. Havent done mine yet & would like to try it but dont want to cause any damage !

Cheers