ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-syncing key

1.6 16v
i got a problem with central locking (from the key, centre button still works), it doesnt work:dapprove:
though the key still flashes, still starts the car and sorts the immobiliser

however, i want my central locking, i think it a problem with the key, mainly the button, it flashes but no opening or locking, though for the red light to show you need to press it pretty hard.

Any ways i want to buy a key fob from ebay, get that and sync it the car, i know u have to hold the central locking button for 5 sec then the immobiliser light comes on, and this is what im not sure of, do i need to use the original key then press the new key, or do i just get the new key fob and press the button without even using the original?

Da

Less
You can't reprogram a used key to your car.

You can re-synch your original keys, but what you're trying is not possible.

1.6 16v
so how come people sell the keys on ebay?
cuz they say on their things the key just needs to be programmed, so how would i go about doing it?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
You'd need a blade cut, the car booked into renault, put on clip and reporgrammed at £80+ then they dont garantee it to work as its not genuine etc up to you but some dealers wont programme keys not bought through them.

Keys are unique to the vehicle, when a replacement plip is ordered it is built in the factory in France to chassis number, hence why they take so long to come in.
Buying a secondhand key off ebay is a waste of time.

Da

Less
People put 'needs reprogramming' in their adverts to help sell worthless keys.

Don't waste your money, seriously. If there was a cheaper way round it we'd know it by now.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looks like an excuse for me to invest in the Clip hardware/software from fastchip then & you pay half ;)

1.6 16v
haha james, ur so funny
well thanks for the help anyways guys, maybe i should just look into the key itself