ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RE-SPRAY

mk1 proto

HOW MUCH WOULD I ROUGHLY EXPECT TO HAVE TO PAY FOR A RE-SPRAY ON MY CLIO! I WANT THE COLOUR CHANGED TO A METALIC COLOUR PS ITS A MK1

Punto/Clio GTT

you changing the colour completely.. ie from straight red to metallic black. or red to metallic red?

any repairs to do?

ide say roughly for it fully stripped, prepped & materials at a normal garage £600ish. if you take it to a well known garage they will rip you off proper and charge maybe £1000 or more. Consider stripping it and prepping it yourself (its not hard) and you could be looking at a full repray for £200.

time=money

FM

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

depends on where its done and what kinda quality job you expect.for a top notch job its going to be over a grand at least.

mk1 proto

I SPOKE TO CALIBRE COACHWORKS EARLIER N THEY WANTED 2500QUID JUS FOR A STRAIGHT FLAT COLOUR CHANGE!! extorsionate! so raughly 700-800quid for an ok job by a localish garage! what are the common mods done to a car before its re-sprayed!??

Punto/Clio GTT

sure, you have central locking i take it on the key? delock it.. debadge it, maybe smooth the tailgate completely n remove the rear wiper?. get yaself down to halfords n get some filler, fibreglass, primer, sanding paper (p80, p180 and p320 for filler work) (p800 wetordry for your primer).

ive delocked my doors n debadged the tailgate without welding any plates. for the doors ive sika-flexed metal plates (bout 1 mil thick) on the inside, then fibreglassed the outside and fillered to smooth it off.

for ya tailgate jus get some fibreglass n put it on the inside so the hole is covered. then when its hard, rub down the outside with some p80 n put a skim of filler over it. sand it down til your happy.

as for prepping the car you can literally prep it a million different ways. each garage prefers different methods. you could grey scotchbrite the hole vehicle so the paints faded. you could go over the lot of it with some p400 sanding paper (possibly p320).. or you could get ya bucket of soapy water n prep it all with P800 wetordry sandpaper.

i should start selling diy guides with bodywork :)

hope that helped, anythin else? jus ask

FM

mk1 proto

cheers buddy will def look into doin loads of that myself! good idea about writting a book! if u need a car to practice n take photos of... use mine! lol!

Punto/Clio GTT

suffolk.. damn lol, if you was closer ide say sure. i got a project of my own on the go atm anyway. i work friday satday n sunday 12 n 1/2 hour shift, so i get all week to work on my car :)

Punto/Clio GTT

i have actually took some pics of the car in filler/primer, n what damage ive gotta do... some before n after pics for myself like.. but i aint developped them yet.. will do them before the end of the week n get em on here. i gotta put my new rear quarter on which is gonna be a mission n half. weathers been proper sh*t so cant really get the welder out :(