ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-setting toxic fume warning light

2002 172
ive decat'd my car and the toxic fume warning light has come on. Is there anyway of resetting the ecu (without getting it done at renault) so that the light goes off. ive tryed unplugging the sensor but still wont go off. Ive tryed taking the negative terminal off the battery for a few hours but it dont do awt either.

Chocolate Bar™
renault (or any good garage) can reset the light - as ive done on mine. but it will come back on as soon as the car is started as it immediately detects a fault with the lamda sensor.

few people on here have taken the second sensor out of the lamba and taped it under the car, however i was advised not to.

The only way to do it is to unplug the second sensor it doens't make any difference if its plugged in or not but if its plugged it in realises that the cats not working and sets the light off and you have to get Renault to reset it.