ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re routing my air filter

Black gold 182
hello i only have a 1.2 16v 2002 dynamique but when i was fitting my sports grill the other day i noticed that the air filter pipe goes straight pretty much into the back of the headlight? is there any reason for this? would i be able to re-route it to just behind the grill or is this a stupid place to put it?
Deano

Vivaro van
It just gets cold air there, so would it if u put it behind the grill, wont make any difference wudnt of thought

Black gold 182
surely behind the grill it would get more air though? i'm not sure but where it's routed to it doesn't look like it gets any air :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
''Giving it more air'' is not going to happen.

Its a 1.2 mass produced engine so will suck in all the air it needs. You won't be able to give it any more than it already gets.

Black gold 182
daniel i did think that might be the case, worth an ask might just have a play just as something to do and having a tiny 1.2 in the engine bay leaves so much room i think a small person could probably live in there :(

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
If you put a feed from behind the grille to the airbox the air might be abit colder, but it really wont make any difference.