ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Mapping

182 Sport 2.0I
Quickj remapping question.

If i can get hold of the correct cables and software, would it not be possible to download a friends Re-Mapped settings and then upload to mine? Thus saving £300

ibiza cupra
not sure but to get the correct equipment to do it would probly cost you the same as getting it done properly, unless you were getting an rs tunner.

Quickj remapping question.

If i can get hold of the correct cables and software, would it not be possible to download a friends Re-Mapped settings and then upload to mine? Thus saving £300

I'm not expert so the below is probably useless, but hell I'm gunna say it anyway.

You need to be sure the software is for the correct revision ECU (a few people have have loaded the wrong revision with RStuner and had problems) But providing you backup the old map first you should be ok worst comes to worst

What you need is a KWP+2 tool or similar

Something similar to this, which can read and write to the EPRom

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KWP2000-PLUS-...s_SM?hash=item3354883f6b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

although I have heard the cheap ones are a bit sketchy so may be worth doing some research yourself about it first. :)