ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Mapped 1.2 16v

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

so hold up thats 86bhp?

is that with or without air filters and exhaust?

if it isnt the air filter is "claimed" to add 8bhp

so thats 94bhp

and a full system + mainfold adds 10-20bhp

so thats

104-114 bhp

nearly 100bhp/litre (1149cc)

(being sarcastic)

Im not a fan of chips unless you have an out of warranty car. I know superchips do their own warranty but theyre not good for resale, which is exaggerated on a 1.2 clio which normal drivers will be buying off you.

I will try and mod my extreme so it can be put back to original.

Hey with a remap you get given your original data on a card and you can put it back to standard if something goes wrong or you cant sell.... There is noway for insurance to tell you have had it chipped... And IF you dont get it done my 1.2 will be faster than yours!

Tom I would have thought that was without filter and exhaust..... LOL would be funny if they could get 90bhp out a 1.2

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if it is thats incredible

i could kill those pesky punto 1.2s(80bhp!!) then!!

would kill lots of things even 172s I think lol

Hey with a curb weight of 930kg the BHP per tonn will be close to 100!!!!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 11 December 2002

would kill lots of things even 172s I think lol

I think not mate. ;) If it did, why on earth did I sell off my 1.4 16V to buy a 172

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

1.2 16v

PTWR @ 114bhp= 122bhp per tonne

PTWR @ 75bhp= 80bhp per tonne

PTWR @ 172bhp= 150bhp+ per tonne (i think)

Hey so if i throw out all the seats and spare wheel and had a fiver of petrol I might stand a chance eh! No point in getting myself in more debt then I can beat 172s with a 1.2 lol lol lol lol

lol well it depends if you can be assed to spend that all on a 1.2..i mean you could strip it all out, fit a cage, ask Reverie to make carbon replacements for bonnet, mirrors, doorcards, spoilers, steering wheel etc etc then stick with 15s and out coilovers on it, then im sure youd keep up with the 172..and have good fuel econonmy. To make that worth it though youd have to keep the car for something like..forever lol

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 11 December 2002

It was a joke viceroy
Yeah mate, I know it was a joke, didnt want you thinking I was being serious so I used the winking smiley ;).

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I am sorry but theres now way your gona get another 25-35bhp just from an airfilter , exhaust and chip. Be lucky to see 90bhp.

Lionel Richie

Only problem is i aint driving to Germany to have it done!!!!! Sprecen ze Deutchse (spelt wrong i know, i never got the grasp of modern langauge at School!!!!)

If you go back to the biggining of that web site you can select english... What im saying is how many people in england would be interested in getting a remap if someone made it here?

Nah, nah, nah...youve it all wrong boys! What you really need to do is fit a Nova engine!

I know they only make 200bhp as standard, but with a Big Bore 4 and a K&N who knows where the power gains stop - Skylines tremble in their presence! (Erm...maybe thats due to the deafening bass their ICE produces Ben?).