ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-map? were to go?

ph1 clio
Hi all. Am looking at getting my Ph1 remapped.

So many people are offering it but were have you all gone and are you happy with what you got for the money?

Ellz

Evo 5 RS
Track Group / Tour De Force... Will give you honest feedback and let you know if anything is a miss... Slightly over what some others charge but mapping isn't something to skimp on. Matt Faulks has a very good reputation and knows his stuff

(If you're referring to proper live mapping)

ph1 clio
Yh I have heard they are good,

Unsure weather to go generic as surly ever car is different ect. Some some may not respond as well as others?

Atleast with a live map its designed for your car..

Ellz

Evo 5 RS
True, depends if you've changed anything to make it worth your while. Can always have a power run there and then, if it seems like it could benefit from a couple hours play time then get your wallet out ;)

ph1 clio
Chaned anything? I am running a v6 airbox and de cat with exhaust.

May just go with the stone (jms) map?

Ellz

TRACK CAR BREAKING
No point getting a custom unless you have mods that actually will make a difference.
Just get a MWM generic map for the time being :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd be going with Scone's suggestion.

Generic maps never do much to the 172 that I've seen/heard of. At least with a live map it's tailored to the characteristics of the car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No point getting a custom unless you have mods that actually will make a difference.
Just get a MWM generic map for the time being :)

MWM use a generic map as a starting point because its cost efficient to the customer to do so, but they can then tailor it to suit a specific cars changes if the generic map isnt suitable.
Wether that be cams or an RS2 plenum or whatever, the system they use gives full control ultimately, but obviously if you need time on the rollers to optimise then the cost will be more, so the generic is a good starting point and in many cases is close enough that its not worth the investment to find that last 1.5bhp or whatever.