ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re map questions

evo 6rs/clio 172
I know the rs tuner box is how a lot go on here
But I would never manage to down load the thing
Has anyone ever tried the likes of celtic tuning/etc
I guess a generic re map,,
Seems miles easier and cheaper
I don't want to pay £360 from rs tuning as the cars are no longer worth a great deal of money
Cheers

172 Cup
I know the rs tuner box is how a lot go on here
But I would never manage to down load the thing
Has anyone ever tried the likes of celtic tuning/etc
I guess a generic re map,,
Seems miles easier and cheaper
I don't want to pay £360 from rs tuning as the cars are no longer worth a great deal of money
Cheers

The RS Tuner doesn't cost £360. A new one excluding any maps is 199 Euros whilst second hand ones are often for sale around here between £100-150 (read this thread before going down that route though).

RB 182 cup
Im in a similar mind mate. I posted a thread a while back asking if anyone with an RStuner fancied doing the map for me if i covered all the cost of downloading the map and i gave them a little extra for their efforts but not one offered.
I cant really be arsed with finding one to buy, downloading the map and then selling it on.

Ive thought about getting one of the local places to put a map on for £150 or so, but i shy off the idea every time.
I think the RS tuner is your best bet, but it does seem a faf. They cost around £120 second hand and they are hardly consumable, the maps are around £100 iirc correctly.

evo 6rs/clio 172
I was talking about the guys at Leeds that map the cars on the rollers for £360
I would not even attempt to load the Rs tuner box on my car as its to much hassle
I think I will give a guy in notts ago
Just need to see if he will raise the limit etc

172 Cup
Im in a similar mind mate. I posted a thread a while back asking if anyone with an RStuner fancied doing the map for me if i covered all the cost of downloading the map and i gave them a little extra for their efforts but not one offered.
I cant really be arsed with finding one to buy, downloading the map and then selling it on.

Ive thought about getting one of the local places to put a map on for £150 or so, but i shy off the idea every time.
I think the RS tuner is your best bet, but it does seem a faf. They cost around £120 second hand and they are hardly consumable, the maps are around £100 iirc correctly.

The 98RON map is 29 Euros....

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
These people who map cars for £150 dont know what it does apparently a company near me can see 200bhp and 7500rpm redline from their "custom" map

I would go to rs tuning and pay the money because its a "live" map bespoke to your car. No one else will have the same and also any little niggles will be sorted