ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Map/Ecu - difference

Hey Peeps,

Sorry to be thick? Are they the same things or completley different, gonna save this summer for it to be done, whats the pricing like? Ill be having it down after I get my de-cat, exhaust and induction kit...

N8

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

re-map means they input new software into your original ecu. an ecu is a complete new ecu which replaces the original one like the r-sport for example. you can also have piggy back ecus such as the unichip which work alongside your original ecu.

An ECU is the pc sort of thing the map is the software on the pc.

When people refere to a remap they usually mean a reload of new software.

When they say a new ECU it means a completly new ECU ie new pc usually an Rsport one. The Rsport ECU has new maps on it.

The only other type is an exteranl chip ie unichip etc which sort of modifies the signals to the injectors and spark plugs etc.

An exteral chip is ~£100 then the cost of RR time and the user to make some maps for it ~£300. This way the new maps are designed for the car rather than an of the shelf one every engine is slightly different.

Rsport ECU is £260 for the 172 although cup owners get one for £200 I think.

2005 Nissan Navara

u dont change the software as such----u change the fuelling and ignition values on the software that the processor uses

I said software as its sounds easier but yep mapping and timing changed are a better description.

Mike Ive no idea where you get them from for sure but the 172 can use the R-Sport ecu its not the exact same thing as it has the abs and climate programming enabled.

Try a search Im sure you can but you need to order the ECU for your car unlike a Cup R-Sport one

Hey,

Thanks Guys for all your advice? So what should I get after Ive had my de-cat, exhaust and induction kit??

Uni Chip?

N8

SMT6, well there will be a new SMT comming out later that can deal with the multi coil system of the 172s better.