ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-fitting hydraulic tappets to overhauled head.

Hi All
Just about to re-fit cams and valve train to overhauled head, hit has had valve seats re-cut and new Supertech valves.
Have read about problems some people have had with the tappets staying jacked open and not allowing valves to close fully resulting in no compression and misfire. Considering valve seats have been re-cut and there are new valves I would imagine the tolerances have closed up between the lifter and rocker arm. I was wondering what process to follow, was thinking of gently squeezing them to expel excess oil so that they can re-fill to the correct height upon cranking or I have heard that you can prime them with diesel too, _ any thoughts from people with more experience on these engines?
Many thanks

HBT 172 Cup
Squeeze in a vice to "reset" them. Oil pressure will pump the lifters almost immediately on start up back to there normal position (you'll hear be rattley for a few seconds then quieten completely).

Clio172
Old thread hi Jack what happens if you refit cams and don't drain the lifters what happens ?
Car runs fine now but took ages to start and missing and popping out of intake
Will it have done any damage will the lifters reset while running