ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RE audio - re12v2

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
its the entry level sub, this scares me a little as i am thinkning i should of gone to the se or a higher model, just want to know is this sub good? i mean its going to be in a wheel well build and im not looking to destroy the streets just want to have good SQ at reletivly high volume its rated at 175 rms and i got an alpine 350 rms amp mono can any one give me some info on the sub alone?

thakns jason

ps itsa arriving friday

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
do not under power the sub. A decent quality sub can handle being overpowered and will not be damaged. Speaker's get damaged when they are underpowered.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i no all about power my friend... its rated at 175rms and ive got 350rms amp which ill be running at 200w

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
why? explain? lol

i mean are they any reasonable gains in using a matching amp?

ive never gained much from using matching equipment except a discount lol, im not new to subs and amps just never delt with RE before, i can set up the amp properly so i dnt understand what difference it will make to the SQ or anything for that matter using matching equipment

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Speaker's get damaged when they are underpowered.

not a slight chanceother wise you'd have to run them at full blast all the time;).

pick what ever amp you feel like just look for the things that will give you the best SQ.
I meant if the amp is not up to the task of powering the speakers, not what volume you have it on. If the amp isnt up to it then it may well sell a dirty, distorted sound, an easy way to blow speakers.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
if you new the amp and the speaker then you would know that the speaker is dual 4 ohm and the amp is 2 ohm capable so the amp is MORE than capable and as i said im only powering one sub soooo i dnt see your point here... never mind

Polo + Micra
a 50w amp can power a 2kW sub without sending a clipped signal to it.

it's trying to get over 100% out of an amp without knowing what you are doing and having the right tools

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
im not getting over 100% :| its 350 rms at 2 ohms and by bridging the dual voice coil sub and running the amp low then ill get exactly what i need with the amp using around 200w tunes to 32hz so i dnt see what you mean by this over powering? what am i overpowering? the amp? or the sub lol