ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RD51 EYY; The Monaco Blue 172

RD51 EYY;
The Monaco Blue 172

Finally got around to making a progress the the build that i'm aiming for! This build is slow progression but all steps will be done properly and i'm not rich haha! Any ideas or constructive comments is welcome! After a family member purchased a Liquid Yellow 182 and helping him with bits and bobs i wanted one myself, and i knew a friend had one and was looking for a new car so after talking i brought it off him as i knew it was mechanically sound!

Current Things I Have Done:

- Slimline Plate
- Tow Ring
- Flat Blade Whippers
- Carbon Washer Blanks
- Evo 8 Recaro Treadlines
- Rs Inlets
- Remap
- Spray Upper & Lower Inlets
- New Style RS Badge (waiting to fit)

Things To Do:
- Spray Calipers Red
- Spray Rocker Cover + Other Parts
- Blue Samco Silicone Hoses
- Braided Brake Lines
- Carbon Fog Surrounds
- Spray Underside of Bonnet (With A Design)
- Spray Inside Trims
- Spray Door Grabs
- Change Dash And Center Console Lights To Ice Blue (Not Warning Lights)
- Rear Mat (For Seat Removal
- Racing Cams and Cambelt Change (Unknown Type of cams yet)
- KTR Recessed Exhaust or Similar
- KTR Induction Kit or Similar
- Possible Speedline Turinis (Dark Anthracite)
- Personal Number Plate

Pictures so far!

The day i went to see a friend and ended up buying my 172!
2qsylu0.jpg

35hmt0l.jpg

First thing i did was a fresh set of Toyo Proxies!
345y4hc.jpg

Remapped it using a RSTuner :)
15qxk3n.jpg

Searching the forum i foudn the perfect set of recaros for my monaco blue 172, from a Evo 8 :)!
2zp2vwp.jpg

vhwbnn.jpg

When i joined the forum i loved the look of the user "Si" had with his Monaco Blue 172, so i got a slimline plate and a tow eye that he made!
1zwhfcw.jpg

4j9r7n.jpg

So i got my hands on some RS Inlets, i cleaned them up and as i had them out i wanted to spray them, i didnt want one colour i wanted to stand out from the rest! And quick shot of the ports on engine block :).
ncjpkg.jpg

35nalph.jpg

30hofpg.jpg

14w9yo.jpg

2mpzij8.jpg

KTR Induction Kit, KTR Recessed Exhaust and KTR Decat pipe On Order for thursday :D! Pictures soon!
Also waiting on a new style rs rear badge!

Just a quick update!

Wanted to try paint a few things and get better at it, so here is a few things i started after my upper inlet :)

Clean, Degressed whipped a prepped
2dv4l5v.jpg

Lacquer finished, just drying :)
n5342b.jpg

257dbub.jpg

2gtygbk.jpg

Decided to see waht red calipers looked like
2mhtmom.jpg

2uj1dfp.jpg

Hated the grills looking warn and blacking took ages to get in every gap, so i wanted to see what spraying them black looked like
2agrdl.jpg

beeyo2.jpg

Brought some things from K-tec (induction kit & decatted recessed exhaust - pics soon)
2zdvxwo.jpg

Things to do:
- Pics of induction kit. exhaust
- Spray Rocket Cover and Respray Engine Upper Inlet
- Powder coat 182 alloys because of chips
- Decals for interior trims

CLIO 182
Are the interior trim strips easy to get off? Do they just pull off? Thought one of the trims was an airbag trim? Or is that just labelled airbag lol? Didn't want to yank at it just incase!!

Pics would be great! ;)