ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RC Drifting

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
[video=youtube_share;9Y-xdXw6iWc]http://youtu.be/9Y-xdXw6iWc[/video]

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Tamiya TT-01 is a good one to start with, I went a bit mental in the summer and bought a GTR with working lights, uprated suspension and drift wheels. :eek:

After watching this and other videos I went scouring to find some to start with and came across the TT-01.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
id love to do this but there aint anywhere around here to do it :(

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I love the adjustability of it all. Definitely need to get one :)

Disastra Coupe
Quite a few of my mates do this... I'd love one but see my mates spending a fortune all the time on them i'm resisting.

Italian 3.2 V6
So cool. Iv just ratchet out an old 1.10 scale kyosho rally scooby RC I got when I was like 14! It's a "Pureten EP Alpha2" - not sure if that's good? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  04 Monaco Blue 172
brings me back to when i used to race rc cars proffesionally :(

i miss it so much

house and big cars = no time for little cars

SG9 Forester STi
Get the HPI sprint 2 drift - it's awesome, very quick and has a matt black camaro shell.

Drifting is ninja though lol, I have tried and failed.

There's always somewhere to do it, I go to a club near me and race the tamiya minis. Tis good fun :).

Get the HPI sprint 2 drift - it's awesome, very quick and has a matt black camaro shell.

Drifting is ninja though lol, I have tried and failed.

There's always somewhere to do it, I go to a club near me and race the tamiya minis. Tis good fun :).
That's wht I've got. Although its not the drift version. Pretty fast!

An orange one
That looks ace! Guy with the orange m3 can really drift, that evo looks superb though, little jap exhaust and everything lol

1.2 clio/clio sport
Wow there great skills i have a rc car but i could never do that am terrible mine spend more time upside down than it does on its wheels :L

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I do this :) been in all the uk zimr events so far this year and go to driftworks to practice on their indoor track :)

I run a hot bodies cyclone as my main car but just got a yokomo chassis that I'm about to drop about 300 on to use so I got shaft and belt drive... Driftworks has a seperate rc forum and some friendly people :) I wouldn't go for a tamiya tt01 they ok to begin with but need a s**t load of work to make them competitive... The yokomo drift package is good :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
How much is the package?

The TT01 seems a good beginner option, would only be for fun anyway!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
One went on drift works brand new for 50 quid for the chassis... U would need motor and radio on top... Some of the tamiya kits come with motor etc but the motors are crap....

U need brushless or u will get bored quickly.... A 10t brushless motor and esc will cost about 70 upwards.... Radio well anything from 30 up.... A shell... Wheels and tyres.... Then batteries lipos are worth the cost, I paid 60 for a lipo fast charger and 2 lipo batteries... But u have to take care as they can explode.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Do brushless motor have a quicker acceleration or just easier to tune? Haven't look into the difference between the two as of yet.

The lipo chargers explode? or the batteries? Sounds intense for what many will see as a 'toy' lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
brushless don't require you to work on them or put new brushes in, also they are more powerful, you need a motor and speed control, look on ebay etc for brushless combo... you will find a load, you want 10t roughly for drifting, i run a etronix photon its cheap and cheerful, does the job and it has uk warrantee so its replaced if it breaks.

modelsport etc is a good place to buy from, tbh i would recommend a yokomo drift package even if its just for playing with, if you wanna get more it to it they can be set-up and upgraded easy, i run counter steer on my cyclone, that means the rear wheels spin faster than the front meaning once sliding you have to steer in to the drift so its more realistic and harder to do.

radio gear go for 24mhz its just simpler and works better.

then bodies... they go from about 20 quid... up to whatever lol, i know people with 100 quid plus in just 1 shell lol, wide arches, spoilers, lights...

E46 M3
I've never understood drifting to be honest. If your going to get a car you may as well go racing.

(skip to 5 mins if you just want the racing)

Last edited by a moderator:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
drifting is much more fun lol, i did racing years back but drifting is more fun for me.