ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RBF600 or ATE Super Blue?

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Hi all,

Following on from the brake fluid thread, which fluid would you guys pick for a car that does 40% track use 60% road?

Currently on Mintex 1155 front pads, and braided hoses, with some cheapo Dot 5.1.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I like ATE super blue, but remember it has a shorter service life than a standard fluid.

Clio 182 FF
I have used both and they are just as good as each other. My advice would be go for the cheapest option.

I wouldn't pay the price that RBF600 is - you can get super blue for about £12 a litre
And like I said on the other thread - if it's good enough for WRC cars...

220 Trophy
....or RBF660 if its mostly a track car, would need a fluid change every year but worth it for the extra 'performance'.

It's gonna be down to personal preference - but I know 2 teams who entered WRC last year running it

The only difference is the boiling point
5.1 is higher than 4
Super blue is a fair bit higher than 5.1
and RBF600 is higher than super blue

But on a little clio road/track car even with 4 pots - you'll never ever ever reach the boiling point of super blue

It's not in my eyes worth the extra money and the yearly changes

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Maybe i should have mentioned its for the GTI-6 im building to replace the 205 ;)

BUT.. I plan to run whatever the best all rounder fluid is in both the '6 and the 182, so it does need to be a good all rounder, and not be mega fussy with needing changing etc..

Looks like Super Blue has got the edge there...

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It's gonna be down to personal preference - but I know 2 teams who entered WRC last year running it

The only difference is the boiling point
5.1 is higher than 4
Super blue is a fair bit higher than 5.1
and RBF600 is higher than super blue

But on a little clio road/track car even with 4 pots - you'll never ever ever reach the boiling point of super blue

It's not in my eyes worth the extra money and the yearly changes

not an entirely accurate post as superblue is a DOT4. You're right that it's boiling points that are the difference (and blue fluid is a piec of piss to bleed) but DOT rating are not boiling point related

Ok yeah Dot4 and Dot5.1 are made from different materials - but the only difference from a drivers point of view is the boiling points. And super blue is higher than dot5.1 in that aspect

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
lol, again, sort of. I'm being very pedantic but some of the very high boiling point fluids are a 5.1 (Castrol one is IIRC)

:)

Oh sorry lol yes I see what you mean - I was very broad saying super blue is higher than all 5.1's

I meant the usual off the shelf ones that people buy - I know there are some really good 5.1's

387bhp RB Trophy SC
ATE Super Blue in my jamsport Willwoods never used the other so would not no tbh.