ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Paint corrected at last..

RB One Eight Two
Thursday I had the afternoon off and decided to give the RB a machine polish. I have no photos before or during as I was on a mission as I new I would run out of light. I would say it is about 90% corrected, with a few light stubborn scratches left, but as i'm an a perfectionist lol, it will do for now, at least the swirls have now gone.

Products used :

i4D Snow Foam
Megs NXT Shampoo with i4D wash Mitt
(No clay as it was done not too long ago)
Kestrel DAS-6 with Hexologic Pads
Menzerna PO 85 RD3.02
Menzerna PO 203 S
Menzerna PO 85 RE 5

i4D MF cloths
Megs NXT Quick Detailer
Megs NXT Glass cleaner
Megs Endurance Trye Gel
AG HD Wax
Aquartz Reload

The Results...

5990405878_123f8540fe_z.jpg

IMG_1857 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

5990403068_12ef6c84db_z.jpg

IMG_1855 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

5989845809_f6f6c69dd6_z.jpg

IMG_1852 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

5989848233_54691e2662_z.jpg

IMG_1854 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

And some beadage..

5990409342_413e14cf58_z.jpg

IMG_1835 by Ashley_Wallace, on Flickr

Fiesta ST-3
Cracking results there Ash. I'm a HUGE fan of your car. I'll be looking at doing pretty much exactly the same on my BG soon after the purchase of a DA. How did you find the menz products? What pads did you use?

RB One Eight Two
Looking good mate, how do you rate the DAS-6?

Cheers mate. The DAS-6 is a superb polisher to be fair. If your looking to buy your first Machine Polisher then I rate this very highly. Really easy to use and with the right products/pads etc it is superb.

Cracking results there Ash. I'm a HUGE fan of your car. I'll be looking at doing pretty much exactly the same on my BG soon after the purchase of a DA. How did you find the menz products? What pads did you use?

Cheers buddy :) Get the DAS-6 mate its a superb polisher and easy to use. I used a Green and Black Hex pad, its just a case of try it see how it comes up and then try it again sort of thing. Thanks to Gally for the advice. The Menzerna products are great, really rate them also. One thing I will ay after correcting my cousins Honda CTR is that Renault paint is very hard.

Fiesta ST-3
Cheers buddy :) Get the DAS-6 mate its a superb polisher and easy to use. I used a Green and Black Hex pad, its just a case of try it see how it comes up and then try it again sort of thing. Thanks to Gally for the advice. The Menzerna products are great, really rate them also. One thing I will ay after correcting my cousins Honda CTR is that Renault paint is very hard.

Thanks mate, as said.. awesome results. I've already warned gally that I'll be picking his brains :eek: Thanks for the help :)

RB One Eight Two
Thanks mate, as said.. awesome results. I've already warned gally that I'll be picking his brains :eek: Thanks for the help :)

No worries mate. Yeah Gally is the man to ask, he knows his stuff ;)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
lovely mate i agree it took me ages to remove swirls on my rb and im not happy with the results one bit. how long did it take you out of interest? looks like you have done an amazing job anyway well done.

RB One Eight Two
Cheers for the comments guys, appreciate it.

I spent about 5 hours on it with the polisher and in total about 6 half hours. Wasn't happy when I came back to the car yesterday afternoon to find it covered in tree sap after parking it up at a wedding venue :(

Z4
Think this car convinced me to get a das6, good work dude.
Would the dash have the grunt to remove bird poo etchings? Hard to say I know, it's on a clio in rb, much like yours!

RB One Eight Two
Think this car convinced me to get a das6, good work dude.
Would the dash have the grunt to remove bird poo etchings? Hard to say I know, it's on a clio in rb, much like yours!

With the right combination of pads and compounds, I imagine it would remove the etchings dude.

Cheers Ollie ;) yeah i am very pleased but its still not 100% but it will do for now :)

RB One Eight Two
Cheers guys.

Kingy - it was a state before mate believe it or not. Everytime the sun was out or it was sitting under lights it did my head in, as you know what I'm like :eek:

Looks great, as always mate.

it was a state before mate believe it or not. Everytime the sun was out or it was sitting under lights it did my head in, as you know what I'm like :eek:

You sound the same as me. Most people thought that my car was looking mint, but I knew its dirty little secret ;) I just had to correct that paintwork. Im still not happy with the finish on mine though.

RB One Eight Two
Thanks for all your kind comments guys, much appreciated :)

When you doing me a deal on the DCI then to get her shining like this

Let me know when your free and I will pop round and give it a once over for you then we can sort something out ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
car looks great, would have been nice to see before pics to compare.

what compounds did you use with the green Hexlogic pad? I used 203 with an orange cutting hexlogic pad on the DAS6 and didnt get great correction

RB One Eight Two
car looks great, would have been nice to see before pics to compare.

what compounds did you use with the green Hexlogic pad? I used 203 with an orange cutting hexlogic pad on the DAS6 and didnt get great correction

Cheers mate. I was using 203 with a green Hex pad and just seeing how it goes, it turned out not too bad.

Last edited: