ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 (aka GGo)

AAS'D RB 182
IMG_00000123.jpg IMG_00000105.jpg IMG_00000106.jpg IMG_00000115.jpg IMG_00000117.jpg IMG_00000101.jpg

AAS'D RB 182
So above is my RB. thought I would just put a few more pics up after my last post (GGo) haha. Although this one hasn't gone much better.

Anyway since last time I have retrimmed the headlining, done the yellow rev counter thing and got myself a steering wheel insert.

Also given it a clean again.

C&C welcome

Cheers Craig

AAS'D RB 182
I like your yellow tachometer. Care to share details with the class?

I just bought a lockwood dial kit in yellow and just used the rev counter bit then cut a circle out of carbon wrap and stuck that on to give effect of the outside edge just been yellow. Fairly easy really just time consuming.

AAS'D RB 182
Im liking the chrome gearstick lift :)
How do we do that :)

Its a short shirt kit mate the shaft and knob came shiny alloy but i painted the knob silver to look more oem and thought the contrast looked good so left the shaft shiny.

AAS'D RB 182
Why ggo?

The he rs badge on the front is a nice touch.

Haha it was from a earlier post i did on the car it went wrong and the opening title was GGo !!!
Cheers on the badge was fiddly but end result looks good i think .

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
So above is my RB. thought I would just put a few more pics up after my last post (GGo) haha. Although this one hasn't gone much better.

Anyway since last time I have retrimmed the headlining, done the yellow rev counter thing and got myself a steering wheel insert.

Also given it a clean again.

C&C welcome

Cheers Craig

You drove past me going into town a few weeks back... The RB looked nice in the sunshine:).

I was in the Bean!

AAS'D RB 182
How did you do the headlining?

Hi james. Was easy really took it out obviously layed it on a sheet used high temperature spray glue (this is a must) covered the liner with the glue sprayed the fabric also with the glue then just layed some towels over the majority of the roof and started at one end pressing the fabric to the liner. I have done it before with alcantara and it was very difficult a it doesn't stretch so this time i got a fabric that had some give in it and i can honestly say its 100% perfect factory fresh.

Hi james. Was easy really took it out obviously layed it on a sheet used high temperature spray glue (this is a must) covered the liner with the glue sprayed the fabric also with the glue then just layed some towels over the majority of the roof and started at one end pressing the fabric to the liner. I have done it before with alcantara and it was very difficult a it doesn't stretch so this time i got a fabric that had some give in it and i can honestly say its 100% perfect factory fresh.

Was it hard to get the roof liner back on. I heard clips break easily and such?

ST
The badge on the front doesn't suit it, and the dials looked better standard, other than that it looks good.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
love it, love everything about it. nice to see something a bit different on here, top work and the dials/interior look great.

AAS'D RB 182
Was it hard to get the roof liner back on. I heard clips break easily and such?

No i found it easy. I haven't put the grab handles back in so the only hard bit really was getting the sun visor clips back in which was abit fiddly. Other than that easy.

AAS'D RB 182
love it, love everything about it. nice to see something a bit different on here, top work and the dials/interior look great.

Cheers coops really happy with it myself. Will be putting some more pics up in a couple of weeks of a few more jobs i am doing so will update soon.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yes i remember, yours looked really well also. Whats yours lowered with? Did you used to have a silver 172?

Cheers, mines on Cooksports and yeah I did have a silver one before.

Do you have something to do with the Saab garage/dealer up the hill to Kirkheaton? I used to see an RB with a black roof parked outside quite a bit when I used to go that way to work.

AAS'D RB 182
Cheers, mines on Cooksports and yeah I did have a silver one before.

Do you have something to do with the Saab garage/dealer up the hill to Kirkheaton? I used to see an RB with a black roof parked outside quite a bit when I used to go that way to work.

ah cooksports. Not seen one in the flesh on cooksports might have to stop you next time and have a look as im wanting some new springs. Were do you live? Do you like them? Yeah my dad works there so if i need anything doing he usually takes it to work!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
ah cooksports. Not seen one in the flesh on cooksports might have to stop you next time and have a look as im wanting some new springs. Were do you live? Do you like them? Yeah my dad works there so if i need anything doing he usually takes it to work!

Ha, so is his car the 911 then? Whenever I've seen yours in it's spot it isn't there lol!

The cooksports are good, prefer them over the sportlines I had on the 172. I live just up the hill from the Waterloo. Give us a shout sometime if you want to have a look at them.

AAS'D RB 182
Ha, so is his car the 911 then? Whenever I've seen yours in it's spot it isn't there lol!

The cooksports are good, prefer them over the sportlines I had on the 172. I live just up the hill from the Waterloo. Give us a shout sometime if you want to have a look at them.

Haha yeah thats his pride and joy!!

Yeah that would be cool. My mum lives in waterloo so always about the area.
how does it ride as the roads of hudds are awful

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
They ride very similar to the sportlines but sit better. Roads round our way are really bad now so it brings out the worst in them but pressing on up on the moors makes up for it:race:. Got advisories on 3 of my 172 wheels because of the local roads, one of the reasons I decided to get rid lol.

The 911 looks tidy but I always found myself admiring the 944 more;). Love them and it looked mint from passing. Turbo?

AAS'D RB 182
They ride very similar to the sportlines but sit better. Roads round our way are really bad now so it brings out the worst in them but pressing on up on the moors makes up for it:race:. Got advisories on 3 of my 172 wheels because of the local roads, one of the reasons I decided to get rid lol.

The 911 looks tidy but I always found myself admiring the 944 more;). Love them and it looked mint from passing. Turbo?

yeah it was a turbo. That car was awesome i loved it. My dad wishes he never sold it to be honest but at the time he didnt have space for it. Have you seen the 944 on her for sale. Looks very tidy.

Im running on prima racing springs at the minute and there quite harsh round here give a nice drop but the roads are so bad im thinking of either putting some sportlines i have back on or cooksports. Im ordering some new front dampers next week so need to make my mind up as will swap when i fit them.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be selling the sportlines and getting cooksports if I had to choose. Even standard feel harsh round here tbh:(.

The 944 on here looks well, but if I could have one it'd have to be the turbo for me!

AAS'D RB 182
I'd be selling the sportlines and getting cooksports if I had to choose. Even standard feel harsh round here tbh:(.

The 944 on here looks well, but if I could have one it'd have to be the turbo for me!

Haha i can imagine. I will have to come look at yours see what i think.

Yeah the turbo was great think i would agree. Wish i had bought it and sold the 182.