ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattly pas seat

I live in the sticks and travel out to the main roads via the country lanes, ie bumpy- ish roads, when on these roads my pashenger seat rattles badley, I can even rattle it with force, I took it in under warranty and they said it was a common fault with mk2 172s on severe bumpy roads and it cannot be fixed! I have to have the tunes right up to stop myself gettin the hump.. anybody else have this prob..? p

Lee

BMW M2C

Just learn to live with it :( Mine started doing it two weeks after getting the car, so I had new runners fitted. Its doing it again now.

At some point Im going to have a go at closing up the runners a little. Id rather it didnt slide so easily, as I never have anyone in the back!!

Clio 1.6 16V

Its not just a problem on the 172! My 1.6 also has the same problem. Reno have changed the runners twice but it still rattles. I had the runners replaced on my 172 and it has been fine since (lucky). I think Reno have tolerance problems between their seats/runners. Ive recently adopted a new driving position with my left hand on the passenger seat bolster!! LOL

Quote: Originally posted by Flying Scotsman on 26 July 2003

Its not just a problem on the 172! My 1.6 also has the same problem. Reno have changed the runners twice but it still rattles. I had the runners replaced on my 172 and it has been fine since (lucky). I think Reno have tolerance problems between their seats/runners. Ive recently adopted a new driving position with my left hand on the passenger seat bolster!! LOL
sad thing is i too have adopted the hold on to the side of the passenger seat position! esp if going over speed bumps.....think i will go see renault this week and see what their monkeys can do about it