ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling sunroof!

Just finally fixed my leaky sunroof, now its inherited a catastrophic rattle from the front of the sunroof. It sounds like im driving an allotment shed! I have tightened up all the bolts around the frame and that but the sound seems to be coming from the front, roughly where it slides in the two slots. Its got to the stage where i feel like removing the whole mechanism and put a metal plate over it and seal and bolt it in. Obviously that's a last resort idea.

Any one have any ideas of how to stop the annoying rattle.

Monaco
Its terminal I'm afraid. On mine taking the glass out and putting a bit of grease (as in proper mechanics grease) in the holes and on the little legs that go in made a big difference. Ugly i know but it worked for me.

Its terminal I'm afraid. On mine taking the glass out and putting a bit of grease (as in proper mechanics grease) in the holes and on the little legs that go in made a big difference. Ugly i know but it worked for me.

Might give that a go then. The noise is unbearable. Just not getting how it started as it wasn't as bad before i took the whole lot out to seal and stop leaking. Ill see if i can source the problem and try your fix as well, have the roof liner out just now since in doing an alcantara retrim.

Ive never attempted one before but done my a pillars, door plastics(behind mirror and bit upside of the door) and hand brake cover also done my dash but that also needs redone. So soon see how it goes.

Arctic 182
I read something on here once & someone had put a sponge, like the cheap scouring washing up ones, in the handle & closed it on to it so it was squashed in. Sorted it right out he said lol.