ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rather pleased with corner weighing results of my ph1

172 ph1
Finally got around to getting my ph1 corner weighed. I had made some adjustments to the suspension myself so I was rather pleased that it was pretty much fine without having to adjust it at all.

Weights with me in the car in kg, seems better than the silver Clio, from which the aluminium bonnet was swapped from (still need to paint it) :)

FL 365.5 FR 360.0
RL 206.0 RR 201.5

Total 1133.0
50.44% on the left side
35.97% on the rear

Still have a mysterious noise issue that I need to sort out, definitely not the topmounts, probably the engine bush.

Picture of the car:

IMG_3561.jpg

video and more pictures: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=520913

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
hello mate i recognise that multi colour car! we were at the ring at the same time as you last week Sunday 4th clio 182 in silver. We had the evo too? thought i'd jump on here for a look!

172 ph1
hello mate i recognise that multi colour car! we were at the ring at the same time as you last week Sunday 4th clio 182 in silver. We had the evo too? thought i'd jump on here for a look!
Yes I remember you guys :D

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Interesting. Difference in weight on the front , will that be the gearbox; and on the rear, will that be the spare wheel or the petrol tank I wonder?

172 ph1
your lucky having a LHD car, much better balanced to start with
Indeed, with the engine on the other side :D

Cost to purchase and service seem quite a bit higher than the UK though, was quoted 900~1100 Euros to change the cambelt :(
Interesting. Difference in weight on the front , will that be the gearbox; and on the rear, will that be the spare wheel or the petrol tank I wonder?
This was with a half full fuel tank and me sat in the driver seat. With me out of the car the weights on the left are of course lighter than the right. More or less fuel would also affect things, as well as stuff in the boot, etc.

Corner balancing is where the ride heights are adjusted via the spring perches so that the car is balanced like a table with 4 even length legs, when the driver is sat in the driving seat. The main thing is to have the sum of FL and RR to equal FR and RL, and hope the balance from left to right is not too far off. In my case FL+RR is only 1kg off FR+RL, and there's only slightly more weight in the left hand side of the car than the right. The numbers were a lot worse with my previous Clio.

Last edited:
  ph1 track weapon
Had mine done today. Was a little out, so adjusted it to suit. Rear end we got very close, and front to with a reasonable distance too. Very happy with the results and everything feels a lot more balanced and poised than it used to, and considering it was quite inexpensive it was definitely worthwhile!

172 ph1
Had mine done today. Was a little out, so adjusted it to suit. Rear end we got very close, and front to with a reasonable distance too. Very happy with the results and everything feels a lot more balanced and poised than it used to, and considering it was quite inexpensive it was definitely worthwhile!
With my previous Clio we did quite a bit of adjusting but it was still quite a bit off the numbers of this car, and on this one the perch heights were pretty much the same left to right, whereas the previous car ended up having one rear perch a lot higher than the other.