ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

raspy chav like exhaust probem

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok when i got my latest clio it already had a decat and janspeed catback on. The thing is, it just sounds a bit raspy/tinny on acceleration. Is this normal for them? would putting the cat back in get rid of the god awfull rasp? it just makes me think of a saxo with a powerflow on lol.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Putting the cat back on will get rid of the rasp, and make more of a droney type sound. Will it did do with my Ktec stealth system.

I personally prefer a raspy sounding exhaust mind.

Mine does that at a certain rev range, once it goes past that it's back to normal again but a more aggressive noise. It's at about 2,500 rpm to 3,000 rpm.

Mines with a Ktec/janspeed box on as well. I've got a feeling the exhaust heat shield doesn't help matters too much as it's a bit saggy at the moment. Have a look at yours as it might be vibrating and not helping matters.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Nutter for selling it!

mines outside covered in masking tape and news paper. Been getting rid of the famous boot lid corrosion.

Id get another but it would need to be ko4'd, handling is a let down but 12.6 quarters and apocalyptic acceleration above motorway speeds made up for it. Was as far as I could get it on stock turbos. Got much planned for yours?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Mines with a Ktec/janspeed box on as well. I've got a feeling the exhaust heat shield doesn't help matters too much as it's a bit saggy at the moment. Have a look at yours as it might be vibrating and not helping matters.

Good shout I'll take a look underneath and see if it's loose or rattling

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah jonffs car was awesome. Ktec stealth, decat, centre silencer BUT all the baffles in the back box were basically gone. Was the most distinctive noise in a car ever.

S4 Avant
Id get another but it would need to be ko4'd, handling is a let down but 12.6 quarters and apocalyptic acceleration above motorway speeds made up for it. Was as far as I could get it on stock turbos. Got much planned for yours?

Anything with KO4's fetch strong money though. Good ones are going up in price.

Mines going to have replacement EGT sensors and the timing corrected, then it might not be running in limp mode with about 220bhp!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I might have to swap mine at some point.
It's abit loud for my old ears lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Is that Bren's old one?

If so that went from Warrington, to Chester, to Northern Ireland and now back to Warrington.

Yeah, crazy ain't it!
Was only 2 minutes down the road from me when Bren had it.
I picked it up from Northern Ireland a month or so ago.

I prefer this video of that exhaust tbh (Same exhaust but on my ph-1) had a slightly bigger silencer but was still pretty loud, was well under any noise restrictions at Oulton though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
think i might just be getting old then lol, would prefer it to be a little deeper in tone, other than the rasp at certain revs its sounds ok