ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

range computer etc...

is the battery OK?

i don't know if it can also cause the problem you're experiencing, but a failing battery can cause the OBC to lose its records and reset itself everytime it's switched off/restarted

clio 1.6 16v dynamique
This happened on my last car, not a clio but might have the same principle. Apparently it could mean that the speedo has been disconected at some point. Ive heard that if you disconect the battery over night it might ressolve the problem by resetting the ECU or something.

M235i / 172
Mine did it after mapping, just reset it properly.

Hold the button in on the end of the stalk, and turn the ignition on to the 2nd click, Keep the button held in and all the dials lights etc will go through a check. I let my speedo dial reach the top and come back down before i let the button go.
Ignition off and on again and its worked ever since.

Hope that helps. Can i have a cheap matched inlet now? :p

M235i / 172
May have got my wires crossed there, I think i actually pressed the button, turned the ignition on till it beeps and its into diagnostics mode, then hold the normal trip reset button.
Think it was that :)

Golf GTD Mk7
yeah you hold it down for a few seconds then turn on to ignition. Not sure how this is going to help? did you have any luck with it?