ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random Limp mode and Error code P0711...

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Looking for some advice/ideas please guys:

Had my car go into limp mode twice in the last two days whilst driving, both times engine was warm, and when changing throttle position. Once was when coming off the throttle and the other time was whilst accelerating. I had not driven the car for the 3 weeks before as I have been out of the UK. Limp mode was removed by a switch off then on of the ignition on both occations. So far it has not caused me too much hassle or been dangerous.

Plugged in my code reader to get P0711.........which is apparently an error regarding transmission fluid temperature........will check full details later.

Whether the error code is the reason for the limp mode I am not sure, but I'm also not sure whether a dodgy sensor could be the issue......I was not aware the gearbox had a temperature sensor......:S

......help!!! lol

Monaco 53/468
I wasn't aware of this sensor either but then I'm no mechanical genius, the exact fault code description is;

P0711 Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

so there must be a sensor I presume!

Sorry for lack of help!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I wasn't aware of this sensor either but then I'm no mechanical genius, the exact fault code description is;

P0711 Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

so there must be a sensor I presume!

Sorry for lack of help!

Thats the one.......I assume if your ECU sees a high temp in your 'box it kills your performance so it can cool down and gives you a polite 'get this checked out'.

So far, as its an intermittent fault I'm erring toward a dodgy sensor.......

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I keep getting it kick in more frequently now......is getting annoying and potentially dangerous! Error code is giving a reference code B0500 (pd) connected to the p0711 code.....

Help!?!

Going to have a look for sensors under the bonnet tomorrow and see if disconnecting it sorts the issue........or if there is anything obvious.....!? (I do know just disconnecting it may not resolve an underlying problem)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Think my issue is connected to the standard throttle body issue, went to a friendly garage, who told me there was error codes refering to the TB and to throttle position.....suggested to give it a good clean with some carb/injection inlet fluid or spray.........

Now getting misfires when cold under near and full throttle....?!?

Just about to do a search for TB issues as I know there have been a lot of cases........

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Could someone clear up for me if there are any differences in TBs and accelerator pedal assemblies between the 172, 172 Cup and 182s please....??

I spoke to Steve79 to possibly source parts and he suggests the 182 cruise control models ones are different somehow? Is this correct and what are the differences??

Megane R26
Bit of a bump from a long time ago, I'm getting the fault codes above but the car won't start, turns over and can hear the fuel pump just not starting.

Any ideas what this problem may be and how to fix it?