ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ran speedtest.net 3 times this morning... (XBL compatibility)

Mk2 Golf GTI
First time, around half an hour ago I got 5.5mbps d/l speeds.

Second time i got 2.5mbps

And just now I try it again, with nothing in the house changing at all and it's down to 1.78mbps d/l and 0.36 u/l

1037951539.png

How the hell can it change so much within half an hour?!

Is the last speed good enough for playing over XBL or will it lag beyond usability?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The more people that log on, the slower the internet gets thats the way it works for the vast majority of people. The internet is shared around people in your area so the more people on, the slower it gets. Saturdays will be peak times for usage as people aren't in work.

Does seem quite a heavy drop in such a short period of time though.

As for xbox live, 85ms ping is fine for it imo, hardcore people may say its not but honestly as long as its under 100 its perfectly fine for the average gamer.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I did think that seemed a little extreme. I'm going to move the router as it's currently on the floor and see if that improves it. This is also over wireless, whereas my 360 will be wired so hopefully that's a little better too. I'm just reluctant to shell out £30 for something that's going to suck! Does anybody have a free trial code they don't want?

Cheers

Dodgy one
I've just ran mine too at the manchester Server

1037978115.png

Piss poor considering its meant to be a 20mb line!

Manchester being the closest, 70 mile away, no idea why it reckons its around 150 :eek:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
1038437083.png

when you go to Pingtest.net it's lower for me anyway than what's on the speedtest.net for ping.

as tyranical said they'' be loads of people on the net

Mk2 Golf GTI
Well it's 3:42 and I just got in from a night out. Sad I know, but thought i"d test it now!

And my score....

1038881538.png

f**k you BT

320d M Sport
I'm in Lymm (Cheshire) and on 02's lowest BB Package. I've had the benefit of being able to test mine at virtually all different days and times, just ran this one:

1039988971.png

Mk2 Golf GTI
I was down to 0.4 at one point yesterday!

I can't connect to hardly any games on Black Ops either. Team deathmatch is ok but any other game type I try just does not connect :(

How exactly does turning off interleaving help?

There's a setting for Latency Type in my home hub stats and it says FAST. Is this latency type the fast/interleave thing I'm looking for?

Last edited:
  421 Cammed 172
1040333679.png

Not bad really. I get host on MW2 on a regular basis, but not BO for some reason.

Maybe its the migrate system they use...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i don't know why people insist on using them their speed checks are s**t. try bbmax

Clio 172 Cup
BBMax Test Results

Results for speedtest #1290422338

Date of Speed Test: 2010-11-22 10:38:58
Download Speed: 9789 kbps (1223.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 383 kbps (47.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

I did think that seemed a little extreme. I'm going to move the router as it's currently on the floor and see if that improves it. This is also over wireless, whereas my 360 will be wired so hopefully that's a little better too. I'm just reluctant to shell out £30 for something that's going to suck! Does anybody have a free trial code they don't want?

Cheers
When you first register for xbox live you get a month of gold free.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I've been registered for a few years mate but my subscription ran out and I've moved out since. Had fibre optic broadband at home which was good but the net in my flat's been dog s**t so wanted to test it first.

Managed to have a few good games this morning so think I'll plump for the year subscription again. I found a setting on my home hub that allows better access for consoles or something so set that up and it seemed to work OK, even though speedtests were coming out at under 1mbps this morning.