ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ramair filters -Any good?

Clio 182 2005
Found one for my 182 for £20 on eBay. Thought I would ask before buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Do you mean the cone filter? If you do then I think you’ll find a lot of people use them, myself included. Decent quality for a fair price.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I don’t see why it would be poor quality, I’ve had a few filters from them over the years and never had any problems.

RB Clio 182
Ive never had a problem with ramair filters, they are a lot better made than the pipercross foam equivalent imo.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Have a Ramair myself, and wash/oil it up once a year
Its currently sitting in the space in front of the battery behind the headlight, on an "S" bend type set up
Wondering if shortening it to just a right angle out from the throttle boby, altho that will leave it centralish of the engine bay with lots warm air?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Had one on my R26 and have one now on my Fn2. Absolutely spot on for both quality and price. Why pay £300 for a HKS (fn2) when you can make your own with a £35 Ramair cone. When it gets dirty I'll buy another.

Clio 182
Hope these are ok. Just stuck a panel one in the 182 Air box. Heard a bunch of stuff about foam filters falling apart? and them letting particles through. Surely Not? Worried now much stick a paper one back in haha

Hope these are ok. Just stuck a panel one in the 182 Air box. Heard a bunch of stuff about foam filters falling apart? and them letting particles through. Surely Not? Worried now much stick a paper one back in haha
Pipercross fall apart and split around the seal.