ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rallying at teeside

Clio 220 lpg
Well this weekend we were rallying at Teeside autodrome track and what a laugh. When we got there in the morning it was hoying it down, but by the time first stage came the rain had stopped. With the track wet and 28 cars to beat we set our first stage time 3rd fastest 4 sec slower than Gaskin in a subaru and 2nd stage we were 2nd fastest 5sec behind Tinker in his Lotus.
By the 3rd and 4th stage it was starting to dry up but still to damp for the Quick darrions that were in the event, we set 2nd fastest then 5th.
Stage 5 was when we set the fastest stage time by 2secs:approve: and we even did it on 2 wheels;)
We seemed to suffer all day with under steer but everyone complained about this apart from Tinker in his Lotus. the track was very twisty with most stages consisting of 2 loops, it was very hard on tyres and with us going up the gearbox only to 4th (out of 6) it was very hard on engine and transmission but it all worked well.
By stage 6 we were 2nd overall but with the day being dry Kieth Davision in his 2.2 ltr Darrion took that from me and stayed thier for the rest of the day.
Stage 10 under pressure From fellow competers for me to make an impressive start I ended up stalling and although it only took 7secs to come back to life, it seamed like an eternity:(
The rest of the day we were consistently in the top 5 fastest times so that meant we kept our 3rd overall and came away with a nice glas trophy :rasp:
ahutchinson1.jpg
alm_stages_rally_2009_2198.jpg
IMG_1778.jpg

alien green rs133
scott we are out this weekend, doing hamsterly forest and stang forest rally it should be good fun, let me know if your gonna be about and ill let you know best place to be :D