ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rally Day - Castle combe

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Spotted a 182 trophy , a liquid yellow V6 (might have seen me taking a photo!), arctic 182, BG 172 and a blue 197 with white wheels. The black 172 had CS stickers in its rear window

Inferno 182 & Saxo
PICT0389.jpg

PICT0294.jpg

PICT0388.jpg

Spotted a 182 trophy , a liquid yellow V6 (might have seen me taking a photo!), arctic 182, BG 172 and a blue 197 with white wheels. The black 172 had CS stickers in its rear window

Black 172 (Y631 RTD) is me :) Needs a clean, hasn't seen a sponge since July! I've not seen that Trophy parked near me locally before.

Flame Red 172
I was there in my flame red 172, nice n clean wen I got there, looked like it had been on a rally stage by the time I got out of the field!!!

I spent several hours cleaning mine after the mud and I still think I'll have to get it on axle stands with the wheels off to properly clean the arches and underside off. f**king nightmare it was.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Yeah that field was pretty bad, we suffered a clutch slave cylinder on the mountuned fiesta we went down in so getting home was rather interesting when you couldnt really get gears!

Were you in the one on the opposite side of the road to the circuit? I usually park up near quarry and the ground there seemed relatively ok but in the overflow I was in it was ridiculous, I moved mine at about 3 (managed to blag my mates stand pass and used it to get in lol) and even at that time before everyone left I almost got the car stuck at one point.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Yeah we were on that one but left at about 3.30 or so to avoid the traffic. The rain was so annoying - boiling sun one minute then bucketing down the next. It did that so many times!

I was in Quarry (the normal raceday car park) and had no issues leaving, the grass was still grass. I intentionally arrived early (8:30) as I've had the misfortune of parking in the overflow before at Japfest.

Sadly I didn't have that option (was working in the morning) never again is all I'm saying. If I can't get in at quarry I'll just turn around and go home if it's raining, was like the f**king somme in the overflow not helped by all the dickheads in Impreza's and sunny GTI-R's etc churning it all up deliberately.

53 Clio's & counting
Black 172 (Y631 RTD) is me :) Needs a clean, hasn't seen a sponge since July! I've not seen that Trophy parked near me locally before.

I didnt realise you bought nicks old Clio mate!

First time I saw that when Nick bought it round my house, it had all the breather pipes connected up wrong - it had the inlet mani breather connected to the intake pipe (where the icv pipe should be) plus a few other bits - Nick was wondering why it was running a bit funny! I swapped it all around and ran much better lol.

Made 167bhp iirc when he first got it, so a pretty healthy one :)

I didnt realise you bought nicks old Clio mate!

First time I saw that when Nick bought it round my house, it had all the breather pipes connected up wrong - it had the inlet mani breather connected to the intake pipe (where the icv pipe should be) plus a few other bits - Nick was wondering why it was running a bit funny! I swapped it all around and ran much better lol.

Made 167bhp iirc when he first got it, so a pretty healthy one :)

Yep I've had it since May, love it! Sounds a bit 'diesel-y' at idle and is extremely skittish when cornering right on uneven roads (not been able to solve that one yet) but it's great to drive. I was supposed to be buying an MX-5 but couldn't resist when I spotted Nick's for sale.

53 Clio's & counting
Hmm, maybe dephaser getting a little noisey mate? The skittish could be a number of things - knackered shocks/top mounts/wishbone bushes/wheel alignment/tyres - whats been changed/uprated mate?

Great car, and a great price - he was selling it cheap imo

Flame Red 172
Id never been before, but im guessin the earlier you got there the more chance of parking up the quarry (is that the car park by the corner where the cars come off the track and into the pits?