ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raising/adjusting front H&R struts

RS RIP
To follow up on my question in other thread;

Any of you with H&R's that have had them on the car for a couple of years and have tried to adjust the height on the front ?

I'm sure i've read that the adjuster-rings tend to seize after being in the same position for long time ?

Any tips as i need to raise it a little ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Try it?

If they are seized, best bet is probably remove them, good soak in WD40 type stuff, then big bar on the C spanner. That should free them up.

RS RIP
Just remembered i never received the c-spanner that fits the rings! are these one size, available at the carparts-store ?

f**k i hope they do'nt need to come off...

TrackCar & F30 330d
spray the rings with WD40 or 3M Penertrating fluid when they are on and it will mean you will be able to get a good lever on them.

I have H&R coilovers and the rings are 2 different sizes.

Flame red 172
I adjusted my H&R's a couple of days ago. I think they have been fitted on the car for around 2 years. On first glance they looked like they were guna be stubron but after a brush off and spray with wd40, 10 minutes later they were easy to adjust.

RS RIP
good to hear guys, thanks. :)

Now for the c-spanner.. i'm guessing i'll be able to get one/organise something