ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainx - its brilliant

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Anyone intrested in doing a group buy on the stuff - Yellow Dave - that video has tempted me... I would take a go on the G1.

Not a 320d
Only a tenner per car mate! That little bottle will give you two coats on a rear screen and 3 on the front!

Ive got a big bottle of the stuff now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Procedure is 3 coats on the front well cured and then remove.

One on any other window. If you have less than half a bottle left you're doing something very wrong. Like all GT products you need so so little.

A 1/4 bottle of C1 will easily do a full car for eg.

So does that equate to one bottle (roughly)?

I asked for an email conformation when they're back in stock. Received the email yesterday, and they're already sold out lol!

One on any other window. If you have less than half a bottle left you're doing something very wrong. Like all GT products you need so so little.

Ah cool. Well I don't have a rear window, and small side windows, so hopefully it'll last a bit longer.

Gally,

is it

G4 to de-contaminate

then apply G1, let it set for 15 mins, apply another coat of G1 and leave for 15 mins, apply another coat of G1 and leave for 15 mins, Use G2 to clear the smears?

Or is is alternate, G1, G2, G1, G2, G1, G2 and your done?

Cheers mate :)

Not a 320d
clay, polish screen (I used AG Car Glass Polish), wipe down with IPA.

Apply G1. Leave 15 mins, Apply G1 again, 15 mins, apply again, leave 15 mins or longer, remove with G2 (Included with G1 when you buy it).

Dont worry if the front screen is a little foggy when you remove it, thatll go everntually, I always wipe down with 3M glass cleaner the day after as thats IPA based and removes any extra residue.

Supposed to last big mileage. Mine lasted from about August till March, not bad considering it got battered throughout winter.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Mine lasted from last April to feb. Seems to have deteriorated during winter but not sure what was used for de frosting.

My bottle of G1 has done 3 cars front screen and still have over 1/4 left.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cool. Well I don't have a rear window, and small side windows, so hopefully it'll last a bit longer.

Buy it, use it, sell it on. By the time you need it again I wouldn't worry too much. Nanolex ultra glass sealant is a tad better than G1 but it's more expensive. Lots of places sell G1 though mate not just GT.

***Oh and can I just suggest something to people. With how cheap wipers are these days i'd always buy new one when using windscreen sealants. Poor wipers will degrade sealants so quickly.***

I'm just so surprised that it can last so long! It's not massively more expensive than rainx, but by the sounds of it, a hell of a lot better! (and harder to get hold of too!)

Dan, That's the kit I've been eyeing up as well. If you can't wait from CYC a few stores on ebay have it in :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just so surprised that it can last so long! It's not massively more expensive than rainx, but by the sounds of it, a hell of a lot better! (and harder to get hold of too!)

New age products mate.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Might have to G5 my borrowed work van tonight if it's due to rain this weekend. I hate the smeary mess that wipers make especially on uncared for vehicles !

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I managed 3 full cars and another windscreen from my G1 / G2 kit and still have a fraction left, just not enough to do another 3 layers for a windscreen. And to clarify the front screen needs 3 layers before removing, side and rear glass only needs the one coat and 15minutes curing before removing.

If you don't replace your wipers, at least give them a good wipe down with IPA or glass cleaner.

Also.... best to clay the glass before application also regardless if you use a polish or not. you'll be very surprised how much rubbish builds up that you won't be aware of. this will aid the beading and sheeting.

For those that are unsure, get the G5. only needs one layer, is a little less fussy on application and removal. works at slightly lower speeds but won't last as long. I personally will stick to G1 on my own cars, but G5 for anyone elses.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I actually have a full bottle of G5 for sale if anyone wanted it. £8 delivered.

I've been reading a lot about these G-techniq products, they sound awesome!!

Im already eyeing up the full exterior kit on their site, £100.

I get my bonus next payday, so I think I may treat the Exige to some super duper products.

It's ever so simple with GTechniq. Spend £100 or so once, your car is sealed for years to come, externally and internally.

Also, it gets addictive. I mean, who in their right mind would order the I1 fabric guard for their umbrella, just so they can see the water beading off it?

Exactly, it doesn't look like you get a lot of actual product, but if each application lasts at least a year, thatll last ages!! I'll definitely get the kit at the end of the month. Although with the weather as it is at the moment, I could do with it now lol!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the thing with GTechniq products is it all comes down to the prep, put in the effort and get that right, and it rewards you tenfold

My C4 is still beading on my plastics. And my arches. That's circa a year for the arches and longer on the rear bumper insert.

Chem Guys New Look trim gel doesn't bead as well from the start and lasts about a month...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've been reading a lot about these G-techniq products, they sound awesome!!

Im already eyeing up the full exterior kit on their site, £100.

I get my bonus next payday, so I think I may treat the Exige to some super duper products.

Be careful mate. Some of the exterior products have change recently mate.

I'd personally suggest Cquartz for paint and wheels and Cquartz Dlux for plastics. Just be careful with the actually paint application. It needs to be bang on Dan or you'll be compounding it back.

That's the reason GT didn't sell old C1 to the public.

I simply couldn't recommend C1+ range these days. It's not a patch on the old stuff. Hence they give you C1.5 with it for top ups.

Oh and C1/4/5 are kinda the same thing. Shhhh!

Any other info just ask mate. I actually might have some old C1 for sale soon.

Red
I'm buying a black car in the next week. Gally you are helping me put some ultra long lasting sealant on it thanks... I provide pennies for your assistance.

Ive already got a nearly full bottle of rainx and the anti fog rainx stuff so ill use that up before going to the g1, What does everyone use for application? im just using kitchen paper towels atm but have a couple of smears on the inside screen around the corners and edges. microfibres do the job?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive already got a nearly full bottle of rainx and the anti fog rainx stuff so ill use that up before going to the g1

Why ??

It's like saying I'll have beans on toast for a week before I eat caviar and lobster. Probably...

Just use the G1. Give the other two away or put them in the shed.

The point In throwing something that does the job fine for me in the bin is?

I drive my car twice maybe 4 times a month to drive home 150 miles each way on the a40. I don't mind reapplying while I'm cleaning the car after each journey.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Who said anything about putting it in the bin ?

G1 is a far superior product.. why would you want to use the lesser product especially at this time of year ?!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry i must have read the reply wrong. All i was asking what does everyone use to remove the product to minimise streaking.

I assumed you already had the G1 from your post..

Anyway, on the pot I'm pretty sure it says to use plain kitchen towel to apply - then just sprinkle water on the screen and use another clean sheet to remove.

Titanium 182 FF
Since applying G1 I have barely used my wipers in heavy rain, brilliant stuff. It does not allow frost to form properly either, another advantage.

Only advice i'd give is try to apply it in an environment where the ambient temperature is around 10 degrees. I applied mine outside and it was around 5-6 degrees. On the bottle it states not to apply below 5 degrees so as a result of being borderline I feel mine hasnt cured 100% sucessfully. However, im very impressed with the product!