ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio won't turn on

Peugeot 406
I recently fixed the airbag in my clio, but when i reconnected the battery and typed in the code 3479 (which i have used in the past and is wrote down on a piece of card) the radio will not start up again, it makes an unpleasant bleep but no music comes out. In the past i have had the radio out and re entered the code and the radio started, what could be wrong with it. I don't want to change to an aftermarket radio because i like how the stalk controls and dash display work.

Peugeot 406
I fixed the airbag light it was the wires under the seat, but i had the battery out for 30 mins just a precaution i have before working with airbags, the battery has been out before and i have entered the code in previously and it worked fine. I think after i fixed the wires under the seat i forgot to type the code in, my mum drove the car and must have entered the code incorrectly a few times. So now when i enter the code the radio is making that bleep noise.
Tonight i removed the dash and changed the radio display bulb, and i have also checked the wires at the back of the radio and the fuses all are ok.

Peugeot 406
Here is a video of me trying to get the radio to work earlier today

Last edited by a moderator:
  Peugeot 406
Thanks it worked pressed the button in and the radio started up again:
5976bd71.jpg

I've never done this in the past usually i just typed the code in and then pressed the button on the stalk and it worked, but i will remember this for the future.
Thank you.