ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio signal booster

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looking at buying one of those cheap eBay signal boosters that goes between aerial and radio. Are they any good?

My signal is crap and looking to improve it!

If there's one someone can recommend please link me up

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
In for comments, my kangoo needs one. Radio reception is terrible now i have changed headunit. Changed full aerial wire no difference !

You's should have seen the standard one on the Vee, I swear it could pick up a space station! It was soo long!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
you know how to improve radio reception? get a proper aerial!! ;-)

ive just removed the exhaust from my car as I didn't like the look of it and put this really small exhaust on. now the car is low on power, how do I resolve this without putting the right exhaust on...

:) :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
you know how to improve radio reception? get a proper aerial!! ;-)

ive just removed the exhaust from my car as I didn't like the look of it and put this really small exhaust on. now the car is low on power, how do I resolve this without putting the right exhaust on...

:):)
It's completely different to your little scenario. Hondas run these standard, the only thing they must have is a stronger inline amplifier. I get a few channels full strength at home, but if i drive elsewhere I lose the channels and cannot find them.

Thanks for your help with my question though.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've always found my 182 had a bit of crap reception for some of the weaker radio stations. If you've already got bad reception , fitting an inline booster of some sort probably won't fix it . You need to start with your aerial . The small Honda ones are crap , I had one years ago and binned it. They're just too short.
I "acquired" a shorter aerial off a Vauxhal Corsa one night when I was on holiday and a bit pissed lol . It looks alot better , shorter, but still picks up the radio stations well .

Before.
mNxDlHV.jpg

After.
lyUxeGH.jpg