ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Security Code

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
How do I enter the security code on the standard radio in my 2002 172? I don't seem to have any instructions on using the radio in my manual?

Cheers.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
if ur code is 1234 then using the buttons on the front of the radio press 1 once 2 twice 3 three times 4 four times and then press and hold six.

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Doesn't like the code I've been given - have tried 1234 and 0000 as we think may have been recoded due to the sticker going missing as it is not in anywhere in the service book!

Anyone know how long before I lock it out for good? It seems to wait longer between tries now!! Just a case of guessing some codes now...

time gets longer and longer... i must have entered it wrong 10 times and it was days between when i could try it again.... went to reno and they gave me the code.. but wouldnt unlock the unit so i had to wait like 4 days for it to reset, then enter the code.

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Did they charge? Local dealer wants £15 but I already have the code... I think it needs recoding so better start phoning round!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Nezza was it you that PM me the other day? sorry i dont think i replyed the code is proberly wrong if the code doesnt work, if it was replaced under warranty then it wont be on the system and you need the code off the side

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
It was mate - but I also sent another member a message - they got me a code but it does not work. I am currently getting it recoded for £20.

Cheers.

dynamique 1.2
I have this same problem. Renault say the radio doesn't match the chassis number.

I have been told only way to sort it is to send the radio off to be recoded.

Been quoted 15 quid (and I pay postage both way).

Anyone know where I can get it done cheaper?

Cheers dudes

i got some kind chap from here to look up my code... as i had a similar problem and was told i needed it recoded.

turns out i just had the wrong code, so i obtained it free off a RTE on here :)

its a tuner list yes, but from my 172.

i asked on here, and someone kindly found out for me... nearly worth paying the £5 membership for hey? ;)

dynamique 1.2
Can you tell me who it was that found out for you?

lol yeah I am going to get it in a couple of days when the cheque clears

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
you can match it to the vin they have a code on the label that is only for that radio thats how if its had a new one you can get the code.