ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Code Needed.

Abarth Grande Punto
hiya guys and girls,

Took my aftermarket stereo out of me 182 today and when i fitted the original head unit back in, it would not accept the radio code in the book??

I tried this a few times with no joy! can anyone help??

It worked when i bought the car but i wipped out the stereo the day i bought it so code not needed.

Any help guys would be great

THANKS stu

Breaking A 172 Replica
I am in the same situation to you and I have had to buy a new stereo!

Aparently you need to send them off to be decoded which costs 25 quid (inc delivery)

Sam

Abarth Grande Punto
I am in the same situation to you and I have had to buy a new stereo!

Aparently you need to send them off to be decoded which costs 25 quid (inc delivery)

Sam

surely someone on here can get a code or at least confirm against the one i got.

Breaking A 172 Replica
I have tried. With 90% of radios you can calculate it from the serial number. Not so with these Renaults.

Sam

clio 172
i had to pay £10 for the code from renault and they came out and put the code in for me before they charged me to make sure it was the right one

Da

Less
how are you entering the code? IIRC it has to be done via the stalk controls. Then press and hold the 'enter' button to confirm it.

Clio 1.4 16v
I had the same problems, the stalk controls were the culprit, doesn't say in the manual to hold the damn button in!!!

Abarth Grande Punto
Does anyone work at Renault and able to get the code if i give you the necessary serial no's etc??

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yea if you send me a pic of the side of the radio and your reg number mate ill get you the code for that unit tomorro

Abarth Grande Punto
100_1321.jpg

Is this okay mate??

It is registered at Renault under EF05 YZL its original plate.

The plate on it now is my cherish plate which is P5TUM.

Let me know if you need anymore.

How long do you think it will take to get mate cos the car is going on Wednesday.

Thanks Again.

Stu

Dont suppoose you can also get me a code for my radio can you please?
Its had the battery disconnected and just says CODE when i switch it on

Thanks