ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Code... Confused!

2002 Clio 172
So after having some work done on my car I lost the code due to the battery being disconnected. I got MATT BLACK to give me the code, but this didn’t work, and he said get me the code on the side of the unit and I will get you the proper code as it would appear your radio has been changed at some point.

I was under the impression that taking the radio out was a bit of a mission, so I have been putting it off. However as I was faced with a lot of driving this weekend I decided to drop into Renault and see what they could do.

They started off by offering me the same code MATT BLACK had given me (obviously didn’t work), pulled out the radio got the code of the side and gave me a different code to try which also didn’t work. We then noticed that the radio had a sticker on it, saying something like radio decoders and the code we had just tried was written just beneath it along with a few other four-digit numbers. Needless to say we then tried these codes with no success.

So.... is it cheap to get it decoded again? Could I just plug in another radio from a different Clio? If I plug in a different radio (Sony, Philips etc) will it just be a case of plug and play, with steering wheel control etc?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Not too sure about decoding but most aftermarket head units will need an adaptor for the side controlls and display, Halfords sell a few diffrent adaptors so they might be worth a try.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a guy local to us who charges £10 to decode your radio.

Do a google search for someone in your local area.