ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiators

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
While i have my car up on axle stands and I'm messing about cleaning things i noticed that my radiator on the front of the motor is looking a little tatty but its not burst or leaking as of yet.
I have been looking online as to buying a new one and i have came across these Aluminium Alloy radiators that are tig wielded and have a bigger and better core than standard.

The price of the Renault one is around £135+vat

The price of the alloy one is £169.00 (including postage & vat)

Is it worth going for the alloy one or the renault one ?

Odyssey 172 phase 1
I have an alloy radiator in mine, I only got one as my radiator needing replacing and I think I paid £143 for the alloy one.
Its worth getting an alloy one as it keeps water temp down and looks good as well, also i can say most people think my car drinks more fuel as it runs cooler, but I can say this isn't true.

Only downside is the original fan doesn't fit straight on to the alloy rad, and you will have to make brackets or change the fan.