ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radiator lower rubber mount pins

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
temp light came on and pulled over when filling up the coolant it just soaked my shoe:mad:
ive got play between my rad and the rubber mount on the bottom of the radiator as if there should be a pin from the radiator going into the mount to keep it secure?been looking online and pricing up new rads and noticing they have pins so yeah ive snapped the pin at the battery end of the rad

wot can i do lol?apart from cry:(
266 quid last week to renault for a new key an blah blah blah
front brakes and wheel bearings b4 that
accelerater cable just before my brakes started coming threw
and thats all been since the aux belt kit and fitting over xmas weeks:mad:

any1 want to buy a clio?its hads lots spent on it.........and prob need lots more:(

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
quick fix?

bolt threw underside off rubber mount into the radiator after removing the old plastic pin from the mount,
slightly lift the rad to allow a gap between rad+mount dry out the gap and line up bolt into hole fill gap with silicon then drop rad back down
final few blobs here and there smooth over an make sure tight seal around mount+rad

a few hours to dry and test?

aye no maybe so?

yeah cheers will get on the new rad hunt from adrad

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
update:
all sealled and working apart from...
where a coolant hose goes into the engine block under the air box its a 3 bolt fixing,the join between the pipes plastic fixing collar and wherever the pipe goes into the seal there is seeping quite a bit when i squeeze the pipe,im not squeezing hard to try and make a leak im just squeezing to listen for leaks and i found one:(