ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiator fan Relay

Clio 172
Hi

So I seem to have a Radiator fan problem at the moment, as in they do not turn on at all, Can anyone here tell me which Relay is the one responsible for controlling the Radiator fan?

3S9nLoQ.jpg

Clio 172
So I did some looking around to my problem, am I right in thinking that the Coolant Sensor is responsible for turning the fan on, and if faulty the fan will not turn on.

clio dci , ren8
You are correct that the coolant sensor is responsible for turning the fan on & on some if you disconnect the connector with the ignition on the fan will start . One of the 3 black relays in a row is the fan relay ,one is the fuel pump relay one is the fan & think the other is connected with the imobaliser low I am sure I will be corrected if not :argue:

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Where is the coolant sensor? My fan seems dead so I have a new one on order, but may get a sensor too just in case.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Did your coolant flow currently before that?
Mine only ever trickles.
Dunno if I need a new thermostat or coolant sensor because of that issue.
Then again the whole fan not working leads me to think it's the coolant sensor!
Might just replace them both tbh

Clio 172
Did your coolant flow currently before that?
Mine only ever trickles.
Dunno if I need a new thermostat or coolant sensor because of that issue.
Then again the whole fan not working leads me to think it's the coolant sensor!
Might just replace them both tbh

I would go for the sensor first.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Mine also doesn't give out hot air in the car so may be various things.
Thinking I will just get a garage to diagnose these 3 issues and fix them. Then sue the dealer lol