ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiator Fan not working.

Clio 172 Ph1.
Hi guys.
I have noticed that my radiator fan is not working.
I tryed to send 12v trough the fan, and it works fine.
The fan doesnt start when i turn the A/C on, or when it begins to overheat.
It doesnt get the 12v current. So could it be faulty wires? Or a fuse?
Anyone knows where the fuse for fan is?

Please help.
(And sorry about the english)

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Check the resistor pack attached to the radiator housing.
Also check the fan switch at the bottom.

Clio 172 Ph1.
It cant be a coolant temp sensor.
Anyone know where the fuse is placed?
I have checked the big ones in the engine bay, and the ones inside the cabine.

Golf GTD Mk7
Check the resistor pack attached to the radiator housing.
Also check the fan switch at the bottom.

Could you be more specific mate so I can work out where/what to look for?:)

If it is the switch is it an easy fix?

RSC 182 Cup
Find someone with an RSTuner and get them to use the diagnostics (you can turn the fan on low and high speeds manually using the software) and do some data logging of your coolant temp wit hthe engine running.

could also be the thermostat as, if it's stuck shut, water won't be flowing through the rad, and the fan won't be any the wiser. does your top rad hose get very hot whilst it's overheating?

Golf GTD Mk7
my gauge never goes above half, so no aware of overheating in my case. but the fan defo not working.

Golf GTD Mk7
cos i've been on track, drive it hard and have tried leaving it running for over half an hour and still no fan. Very strange. I've had other clios before (not RS) and the fans on them come on almost as soon as you turn the car off. Mine has never come on since i've had it.

Clio 172 Cup
I have exactly the same problem on my 172 Cup, Guage never goes over halfway, but the radiator fan never comes on, regardless of how hard its pushed or how long left idling.

I have the service light on, and when checked with a diagnostic tool it returns a Radiato Fan fault, but can be turned on manually through the diagnostics machine, so it obvioulsy works!?!

Where is the thermostatic switch positioned?

Kenned4200 - Did you replace the swtich, or just fix the bad connection somehow?

Last edited: