ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiator fan comes on randomly!

GSXR + KDX220
Ive noticed my rad fan will randomly come on say every 5mins or so and run for about a 1 minute.....Funny thing is, is it still does this in the current weather conditions.

I started it up earlier in -5c and idled for a few minutes when suddenly the fan fired up much to my surprise (way before getting even near operating temp)

What would cause this? Faulty temp sender? Its probably why the gauge has been sitting just below half in the previous weeks (around 5-10 degrees) :S

GSXR + KDX220
Ive got a Cup alternator setup on mine now so aircon isnt there. Could it be related somehow to the electrical side of the air con (the switches inside) which is obviously still there?

GSXR + KDX220
Ah ok, is there a away to stop the ac coming on without having to keep switching it off? has it got its own fuse?

GSXR + KDX220
Whilst on the subject or radiators, at the top corner (drivers side, opposite the bottom hose corner) theres a threaded hole in the black plastic part.....should there not be something in there? Ive googled it and all the pics it shows of the rad, have nothing in there?

Ah ok, is there a away to stop the ac coming on without having to keep switching it off? has it got its own fuse?

Id love to know this, as my cars had the aircon removed everytime i turn the heaters onto the screen the aircon light pops on. Obviously it isnt there so doesnt do anything it just irritates me.

172 Race Car
Whilst on the subject or radiators, at the top corner (drivers side, opposite the bottom hose corner) theres a threaded hole in the black plastic part.....should there not be something in there? Ive googled it and all the pics it shows of the rad, have nothing in there?
'Historicly' for a fan switch. just a blanking plug on these cars as the ecu controls fan