ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue; The project thread

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Re: RB182 Diary

Yeah mine did aswell, must be less pressure at that point so doesn't lose it all of the fluid. Test it by filling it then going for a 10 min drive if it's down again you have a leak.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Cant see any leaks in the coolant so i'm not worrying tbh, i might see what NWP say when i go down.

Speaking of them got coilovers and solid top mounts booked in for Tuesday!

And I've cured one of the things i wanted to do at the start, the cruise is finally working (replaced the airbag ring) :) however my tc isnt, but Ryan from NWP has said it could be the position of the slip ring when fitted and renault might have to reset it to 0 degrees as it thinks the wheels are turned when they aren't so will take it in tomorrow!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Got my k-tec coilovers and top mounts fitted at NWPerformance yesterday.

Car sits much better, rides similarly to the cup suspension and handles well too, not that it didnt before mind!

Some crappy pics i just took in the fog:

4364333119_c5036b4141_b.jpg

4364330629_75bf7f2c89_b.jpg

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP

I went out in the cold to measure my drop and you didnt use my info :(

Looks well non the less bro!

R26 230

I had problem with ESP light and cruise control not working. Took it to Renault, changed ESP switch and brake pedal sensor and all sorted.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks for all the comments :)

You're name is misleading :(

How so? I could guess though ;)

Cup spoiler :eek: looking good!

Waiting for one to come up, want to swap?

I went out in the cold to measure my drop and you didnt use my info :(

Looks well non the less bro!

It was slightly lower, but had to raise it as it was rubbing :(

I had problem with ESP light and cruise control not working. Took it to Renault, changed ESP switch and brake pedal sensor and all sorted.

Sorted it now, my abs ring was set wrong when i fit it :)

Looking good mate! Sell me your standard wheels when you upgrade ;)

Definitely!

TTRS & V50

Looking good, bet you couldn't go much lower with that drive anyway. Defiantly grab yourself a cup spoiler :)

What's the mileage now?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good, bet you couldn't go much lower with that drive anyway. Defiantly grab yourself a cup spoiler :)

What's the mileage now?
You'd be surprised, my old car had a lot less clearance by the time i sold it (lower than in the pic on here) and it only catched occasionally.

Only done a couple of k in it, it sits on the drive most of the time as i use a van for work and comes out to play at the weekend :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

Looks really good mate, wish I'd have opted for the mounts at the same time now.

Really good service at NW Performance isn't it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Looks really good mate, wish I'd have opted for the mounts at the same time now.

Really good service at NW Performance isn't it.

Cheers mate, yeah service is spot on there. Cars looks lower now, especially on the rear, after it has had a week to settle.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Got a little vid of the exhaust today:

[YOUTUBE]jinXviPGt7Y[/YOUTUBE]

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

at least mine aint the only one whos left tail pipe dont sit in the middle :(
Looks ok head on, was pretty much perfect when it was first fitted but left bracket is already starting to give way. Need to put some bits of pipe in it for support.

Titanium 182

Jenic the coolant issues sounds exactly the same as mine, basically the plastic bung used to drain the radiator had a crack in the thread and once it reached a certain pressure it would piss out coolant until the level was below that of the bung then it stayed level.

(I found out the hard way, took entire front end of bought new radiator fitted it then found the bung.)
So check this first as it should only cost you a new plastic bung and I think you can just get it it by removing the airbox and battery instead of the entire front end.

4179586858_4cc2996739.png

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

^^ Cheers but it did turn out to be the water pump, got my new one on now and it loses non now.

Must of been leaking really slowly but then at the ladybower meet it failed badly and I had to crawl home with very little coolant.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Bought these today, off to the powdercoaters on Wednesday to be painted a different colour.

photo-7.jpg

Bad news though, got a stonechip on the way home on the motorway :( , auto glass are coming Tuesday so hopefully its repairable.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Sweeeeeeeet

Looks wicked in the photoshop. You say they are for the track. What tyres ar you going to have on them?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Sweeeeeeeet

Looks wicked in the photoshop. You say they are for the track. What tyres ar you going to have on them?

Well, i'm not sure yet.

What would you recommend thats cheap? By cheap I mean sub £200 for all 4 not including fitting

Not even booked any track days for this year yet so need to pull my finger out come payday.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Well, i'm not sure yet.

What would you recommend thats cheap? By cheap I mean sub £200 for all 4 not including fitting

Not even booked any track days for this year yet so need to pull my finger out come payday.

Well a fairly decent tyre for the dry is Yoko Prada Spec-2's. They are really cheap and they perform really well (i have them as my road tyres) i think they cost me £38 each which is a cheap price.

Where you getting your wheels done?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Well a fairly decent tyre for the dry is Yoko Prada Spec-2's. They are really cheap and they perform really well (i have them as my road tyres) i think they cost me £38 each which is a cheap price.

Where you getting your wheels done?
Getting them done at CAS Coatings in Bradford. Not sure about the prada's, want something thats good in the wet and i have a feeling they will perform similar to my old t1-r's. So was looking at hankooks, the v12's or possibly the rs2's

TrackCar & F30 330d

Getting them done at CAS Coatings in Bradford. Not sure about the prada's, want something thats good in the wet and i have a feeling they will perform similar to my old t1-r's. So was looking at hankooks, the v12's or possibly the rs2's

Oh yes those tyres are good i hear. I've only ever used Exaltos, Spec-2's and R888's

Have you had the wheels done yet.

My mate has dropped his Pro race 1's off at CAS Coatings today. It really is £1 per inch.

Amazing price :)

Golf GTD Mk7

<--------- they do look good with red wheels imo of course ;) Do the centre caps black like the r26r mate to break the wheels up a bit. how much for prepping/powder coating if you don't mind me asking :)

Golf GTD Mk7

Oh yes those tyres are good i hear. I've only ever used Exaltos, Spec-2's and R888's

Have you had the wheels done yet.

My mate has dropped his Pro race 1's off at CAS Coatings today. It really is £1 per inch.

Amazing price :)

Sounds like it would amount to alot that?

R888's are great in the wet from experience. They were nearly bald too :D

TrackCar & F30 330d

Yup its costing £60 for getting 15" wheels done in a satin black. You have to supply the wheels with no tyres on but its still the cheapest place i've ever herd of.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Yer, its £60 for 4, do a nice job too.

Still not took them since I've been stuck in work all week and they dont open bank holidays or saturdays. Think my dad is going to drop them off next week but i'm a bit worried about him getting the wrong colour, I may have a job over that way next week so might take them then if I can.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Another day, another little tweek ;)

IMG_0146.jpg

Can you tell what I did yet? Probably one of the best little mods i have done :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Don't run without centre caps. Will look stupid. Get them done at least then if you don't want them you always have them. If you want to break it up have them done black. Or black with diamonds the same colour as the bullets.

As for the pic above... I have no idea.