ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Racer – Project Thread!

RB 182 Special.
Re: Racing Blue Racer – Project Thread!

how come this is such a good mod? I'm quite happy with my accelerator lol

Is it for heel and toe?

I'd say it probably is. At least that's what i assumed it was for.

This is one superb project! I love some of the original little touches on it. :cool:

VaVa
Nice!

You must have feet like a Pixie if you can't heel and toe with the standard pedals lol.

My biggest issue is that if I'm braking really hard, there's too much travel on the brake pedal meaning it goes too far below the accelerator. Not too big an issue on my way round to the shops mind lol

RB 182 Special.
Re: Racing Blue Racer – Project Thread!

Nice!

You must have feet like a Pixie if you can't heel and toe with the standard pedals lol.

My biggest issue is that if I'm braking really hard, there's too much travel on the brake pedal meaning it goes too far below the accelerator. Not too big an issue on my way round to the shops mind lol

Haha. (how come there's no 'lol' smiley?)

VaVa
Nice!

Haha. (how come there's no 'lol' smiley?)

Dunno. lol.

there's lolup though. :lolup:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Loving the use of the pukka Cup Racer bits for authenticity - well played :)

Dan

Airbox4Large.gif

silly question, but what coolant do you use? I need to change mine before the summer and like the colour of that one :D

no idea, i think i topped it up with some halfords rubbish when i got the car but its nothing special, will be using some blue stuff soon, hopefully!

Enough off topic rubbish!

I want it done yesterday but i dont have to time to go outside and work on it, will get a lot done when uni finishes.

your right, i dont wanna sit behind a desk telling people to restart the computer or type lines of code, i need another career idea ...

RB 182 Special.
Enough off topic rubbish!

I want it done yesterday but i dont have to time to go outside and work on it, will get a lot done when uni finishes.

Chillout young man, I already appologised!

At least you'll get a nice long chance to work on it over Summer. But then that's no consolation when all you want to do is work on it now but can't.

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
be careful just sticking any old coolant in mate, as the seals are designed to use one type, some types corrode the seals, tho tbh i cant remember what colours are safe to mix.

oh and nice car mate, good work!

be careful just sticking any old coolant in mate, as the seals are designed to use one type, some types corrode the seals, tho tbh i cant remember what colours are safe to mix

Cheers, im going to change it all soon anyway so im hoping the seals etc are ok.

80MPG BEEZA
how is that cup racer so low at the back? i have mine lowered to maximum on my h&r's and have 205/55's on and its still not as low as that!

Mondeo TDCI 130
how is that cup racer so low at the back? i have mine lowered to maximum on my h&r's and have 205/55's on and its still not as low as that!

They had a different suspension setup mate, they had the same looking set up as the fronts! coil spring over shocker!

guys stop clogging up the thread! the mods will get angry !!

LOL ... anyway - yes cup racers used coilover rear units, iv got a picture somewhere but theres enough of those in this thread!

Mito Sportiva 135
Great little project here, really doing a good job it seems...v impressed by all the electrical wiring too, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin! Looking forward to seeing how it all develops! :D

well i got a little bored today and had a few deliveries so thought i change the air box again ...

Got a proper ph1 172 induction bend, bracket and strap from little rich clear out thread - so i managed to set the air box up how i originally wanted to last year...

From this -
AirBox2Large.gif

To This -
Airbox3Large.gif

To todays efforts -
AirBoxFinishedCustom.gif

AirBoxFinished8Custom.gif

AirBoxFinished7Custom.gif

AirBoxFinished6Custom.gif

AirBoxFinished5Custom.gif

AirBoxFinished4Custom.gif

AirBoxFinished3Custom.gif

AirBoxFinished2Custom.gif

Trimmed the air feed to make is shorter and fit better -
AirBoxFinished1Custom.gif

Also got some 114mm ducting for my DIY brake ducts -
144mmDucting1Custom.gif

144mmDuctingCustom.gif

Some 1 degree, 30' and 20' race car rear shims (big thank you to supertouring) -
ShimageCustom.gif

Shimage1Custom.gif

And some white samco's that will be black after 10 miles of driving -
WhiteSamcos1Custom.gif

WhiteSamcosCustom.gif

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
hi, so how come you took the blue samco hose off ?

are you one of the french racing blue clio's with stripes, @ Westerham Meet, snow ?

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
was my first meet, only had the car 7 days on that sunday, never got a chance to say hi, nice cars, and some great pics.......